Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
That thing is beautiful! Sexy and classy at the same time.

I've been driving the Cayenne for a couple weeks now. Took it up to Wisconsin over the weekend. Working out of it during the week. Much Like! I need to post pix.

·
Superbad
1,456 Posts
That thing is beautiful! Sexy and classy at the same time.

I've been driving the Cayenne for a couple weeks now. Took it up to Wisconsin over the weekend. Working out of it during the week. Much Like! I need to post pix.
Thanks for the kind words. Having the B5 and all the joys/headaches for 11+ years def makes you appreciate having a 2nd car. Happy you pulled the trigger!! Congrats again on being a P-Car owner now!

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I've been busy and haven't taken pix, even for myself yet.

I have however already started ordering things for it.

It has the PCM 2.1 DVD based navi system but it doesn't have the disk. I've ordered the 2015/16 revision DVD which my system should be able to run.

I've ordered the headlight switch with the "auto" function. From what I've read, that's all that's needed to make the auto function work. The rest of what's needed to make that work is already in the car.

This truck has the factory trailer hitch receiver but the trailer harness plug-in is hidden behind a plate secured with 4 screws? :crazy: There is a Porsche part that adapts that "unfinished business" into a nice flip-up flap revealing the plug-in. I'm getting one of those from ECS for $13. Makes me wonder why one wasn't installed at the factory. :confused:

ECS has the Porsche roof bars listed for about $400. :icon_eek: Since I use this for work, I could really use those. Time to start stashing spare bills in a sock till it hits $400 (plus ECS shipping :mad:) :p

I've upgraded the front seat overhead lighting with nice bright LED bulbs I had left over from my Passat interior bulb upgrade. It really makes a big difference going to bright white LED bulbs. I'm going to have to get more of those bulbs and upgrade more of the chassis lighting.

One word about Porsche brakes... HellaNiceAwesomeStoppingPower! :D

21 - 24 of 24 Posts