Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i don't know if anyone knows the part #, but i'm trying to replace my seatbelt on the front passenger side. it doesn't retract in anymore and the dealership told me that i needed to replace the whole assembly (which apparently comes with the seatbelt). anyway, does anyone know this part #? thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nenad said:
thanks for the diagram...i got some more news from the dealership: seems like there's a mechanism in #15 in the diagram on the link that kind of locks the seatbelt and doesn't allow it to feed back into the seatbelt tensioner. the temporary fix is that i have to sit there and push the mechanism up while the tensioner reels the belt back in. it works...for now, but i'd really like to not have to do that all the time. the dealership says that the parts aren't all that bad, just the labor to do it is a PITA. i'm thinking i might be able to do it myself, does anyone know how to take this badboy off (the panel that attaches to #15 that is)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I had my passenger belt replaced under warranty cause it kept locking up as well. Now less than a year later it is doing it again!!! Time to get it replaced again I guess. Brutal for a car less than 2 years old.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.