Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last time I went to my dealer for service, I complained about the driver's seat heating up even when the heater is turned off. They checked it and told me that the switch was bad and replaced it under warranty. Makes sense, made me happy. Well, it still feels like the seat gets unusually warm after about 20-30 minutes of driving. It's not as noticeable as before but does feel slightly uncomfortable, and only around the back area. The air temperature is around 58 today in ATL. I've had the car for almost a year, it's '03 Variant with leather seats.

I'm at work and don't have my manuals with me (I know, I should keep them in the car), could somebody please tell me which fuse I have to pull to disable the seat heater? I want to make sure I'm not just imagining it. :weirdo: Anybody else had this problem?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beavis said:
You could unplug it under the seat, or pull the fuse... but are you sure it isn't just body heat? :???:
I'm pretty sure it's not just body heat. Like I said before, I've had the car for almost a year and I didn't feel anything like this during the first 8 months of ownership. Before the dealer changed the switch, the seat was actually hot after a 20-30 min drive so it was pretty obvious. Now it's just "warm", so it's less obvious. Of course I could be just imagining the whole thing, but it bothers me so much that I just have to be sure.

XedoS69 said:
there sould be heated seat picture on the fuse layout drawing (it is in your fuse box)
Thanks, that helps! I didn't remember there was one but of course there is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts