Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, gang, it's time to remember to do some of the little things on our cars that are so easy to forget.

If you have an OEM battery, you may have a battery that requires adding distilled water. Time to check the water level and top off, if needed.

Also, with the warming weather, it's time to adjust your tire pressure. The 32 PSI I was running this winter in sub-freezing weather is now equal to about 36 PSI (a little high, for my tastes - don't wanna wear out the tires too quickly) with the temps hitting the 60's now.

·
Registered
254 Posts

Also, don't for get to change your tire air from the denser winter air to the less dense summer air.
That was a joke, right?

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
the battery on my 2002 doesnt need refilling. Isnt that for circa 70's cars? :crazy:

·
Registered
666 Posts
mshilko said:
Also, don't for get to change your tire air from the denser winter air to the less dense summer air. Your tire pressure will be to high if you do not.

Mike

Yeah, but not as high as a blue joint'll make you.

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
Altair 4 said:
If you have an OEM battery, you may have a battery that requires adding distilled water. Time to check the water level and top off, if needed.

I looked inmine but the water seens to be down bout an inch .. about a 1/2 down is a split in the ring .. is that the required upper limit? .. pretty hard to see in there. Mine is an 03

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jesstzn said:
Altair 4 said:

I looked inmine but the water seens to be down bout an inch .. about a 1/2 down is a split in the ring .. is that the required upper limit? .. pretty hard to see in there. Mine is an 03
As I recall, the wter should just reach that ring, so when you look in, the water forms like a concave shape.

And thanks for posting your model year, so I can say to Natskiboy: :p

:lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts