Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Lo,

I'm putting together a CarPC Kit and one of the desired features is GPS Navigation. I'll either be using the GPS already equipped in my '04 Passat GLX or a bluethooth'd option. My quest however is for the best (Driver Friendly) navigation software for PC (-not- PocketPC). So if you've seen any relevent reviews or have some first hand knowledge, I'd love to read your comments.

= = =
Micke

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen some pretty good comments 'bout iGuidance and what seems to be a twin parted at birth Routis.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Routis

Routis is good, I've used it in the car and it works great. Iguidance and Routis are the same pretty much, except the fact that Iguidance 2.0 has water features and better graphics than Routis 2004. However, Routis 2005 is supposedly going to be just like Iguidance 2.0, it just hasn't been released yet, they say a couple of weeks from now. The voice routing is really good though and the features for shortest distance and quickest distance trip calculations, are as well. Only thing is that the point of interest database is sort of crappy, but maybe routis 2005 will fix that. That's my 2 cents. $85 plus shipping at deluoelectronics.com

·
Registered
369 Posts
I havent tried this out fully, but we use delorme street atlas ver9 at work and it has a GPS interface that will run when combined with a usb type generic GPS receiver antenna for around $100, dont know what software costs as I am using work copy ;p but the routing and maping and points of intrest seem to work well however I havent tried the GPS syncing, etc yet.

~les

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i can't get routis to work w/ my NAVMAN 3400 but i think it 'can' work so i'm still at it.. hoping to get my grippers on iGuidance soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.