Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone im searching but im not findinng what i want. i need a coil over kit that will praticaly put the car at oem height and that i could lower it of 1 inch . because right now i have the stock shock with the h&r sport spring and its too low in winther . H&R coilovers kit are too low and i dont find any brand for my passat 2005 tdi wagon . i search at koni bilsteing kw there dont have anything for my car .

need help

sorry for my english im a french canadien

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,984 Posts
We'll forgive your English (which is fine) if you'll keep Celine on your side of the border from now on.

Shox.com is showing me:

H&R Street Performance coils
Koni coilvers (FWD only, special order from Holland)
Bilstein PSS9 coils
KW Variant coils (three different versions)

That's a total of 6 different choices on that site.

Have you considered an air ride suspension? Height adjustment at the touch of a button.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys but this is that when you go in detail its sais for b5 and not b5.5 i need to make sure that theire are for b5.5 passat wagon tdi . because if i go on the web site off koni are bilstein and kw there is nothing for my car but for passat b5 there have planny off model .

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,984 Posts
The TireRack.com website shows the following available for a B5.5 TDI:

Bilstein PSS9 coils
H&R Street Performance coils
Koni coils

Bilstein's website shows their PSS9 coils as fitting the B5.5 with both 4-cyl and 6-cyl motors.

These options are out of my price range, so I'm done looking ...however, I remain convinced that there are a number of options available to you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how can you make search on tirerack.com for the b5.5 because its only let me put vw then passat gls tdi wagon. 2005 but
vw decide to change the model in 2005.5 for the b5.5 so i dont really know if their are for b5.5 or for b5 there is no mention

·
I had a steering knuckle in my shed. Really!
4,164 Posts
Check out Ground Control and see if they can put together a custom kit for you.

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,902 Posts
how can you make search on tirerack.com for the b5.5 because its only let me put vw then passat gls tdi wagon. 2005 but
vw decide to change the model in 2005.5 for the b5.5 so i dont really know if their are for b5.5 or for b5 there is no mention
a B5.5 was not a change for the 2005 model year - it was in 2001.5. if you put in TDI and it is a B5 base model (including B5.5, it should be ok, since the only TDIs were B5.5 if I recall correctly.

this guy: http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303554 may be parting out, so you might want his suspension if he does.

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,984 Posts
You're correct, Jay. The TDI was only offered in 2004 and 2005. Prior to that, IIRC, you have to go back to 1997 to find the previous diesel 'ssat and that's a B4.

To the OP: if you search 2004 or 2005 TDI Passat in tirerack (or any other site), it's automatically a B5.5. There were no B5 diesels. At least not in North America.

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,665 Posts
You're correct, Jay. The TDI was only offered in 2004 and 2005. Prior to that, IIRC, you have to go back to 1997 to find the previous diesel 'ssat and that's a B4.

To the OP: if you search 2004 or 2005 TDI Passat in tirerack (or any other site), it's automatically a B5.5. There were no B5 diesels. At least not in North America.
yes.

Also to note I have ST coils on my TDi wagon.

·
Registered
299 Posts
we have what you need pm sent Hotbits .ca makes awesome coilovers for our passat, that is what we run on our 2002 passat 1.8t wagon

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,928 Posts
tdi weighs more than the 1.8t, as well as having a lot more stuff and accessories attached that make it work. if i were you, i would look up the b5.5 v6 coilovers.

on the b5.5 they ALL have the same suspension setup (with regards to fwd being the same as fwd and awd being the same as awd) and regardless of the engine type, they will install. what you're looking for are springs designed to carry the weight of your engine without looking like they sag too much.

either coilovers, or v6 springs. that's my advice.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think Sipes is on the right track. Look at the weights of 1.8t and 2.8 cars and see which is closer in weight to the TDI. With a coilover front setup, you can fine tune ride height as long as the sprin rates and damping are close. For what it's worth, the front spring rate on the v6 cars is 75 - 90 pounds greater than the 1.8t.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts