Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Searching a Cavalier forum for tech info I found this....

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  2.0GTI 
#1 ·
#2 ·
:poke: Put that humble little Cavalier your driving back in the garage :nervous:
What’s the matter with you :crazy: Must everything you drive get modified :nervous:

BTW see if you can ask one of those old diesel techs there how I can get more fuel through the pump before I turn up the BOOST on beast :lol: :lol: :lol:

#4 ·
Elias said:
:poke: Put that humble little Cavalier your driving back in the garage :nervous:
What’s the matter with you :crazy: Must everything you drive get modified :nervous:

BTW see if you can ask one of those old diesel techs there how I can get more fuel through the pump before I turn up the BOOST on beast :lol: :lol: :lol:

BOOST THIS !!!! :poke:

#5 ·
All kidding aside… after reading the post, plenty of work went into that car. The finished product looks great IMHO. I wonder if the manufacturers really follow these forums.
GM could learn a thing or two… instead of a re-badged Daewoo they can build an import beating Cavalier for a reasonable price. The 3800 motor has been around for many years. Its reliable and at this point should be cheap for GM to keep on building.

#8 ·
[quote="EliasBTW see if you can ask one of those old diesel techs there how I can get more fuel through the pump before I turn up the BOOST on beast :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]
I do not qualify as old, or a diesel tech, but ...
swap the injectors, maybe off an >86 300SD or 350SD, since the 6 cylinder injectors allowed more fuel. You can find flow rates somewhere on the net.
More fuel through the pump isn't going to do squat, unless the injectors can handle it.
In other news, if the injectors use the same body, get a rebuild kit for the later series 6 cylinder cars.

#9 ·
TDIBUGMAN said:
[quote="EliasBTW see if you can ask one of those old diesel techs there how I can get more fuel through the pump before I turn up the BOOST on beast :lol: :lol: :lol:
I do not qualify as old, or a diesel tech, but ...
swap the injectors, maybe off an >86 300SD or 350SD, since the 6 cylinder injectors allowed more fuel. You can find flow rates somewhere on the net.
More fuel through the pump isn't going to do squat, unless the injectors can handle it.
In other news, if the injectors use the same body, get a rebuild kit for the later series 6 cylinder cars.[/quote]

If what you say can be done, I now have another dilema... :weirdo: I just realized that I have to figure out where to mount a air/fuel guage... :roll:
Thank God I have extra zebrano wood... I feel a headache coming on :cry:

#11 ·
Elias said:
If what you say can be done, I now have another dilema... :weirdo: I just realized that I have to figure out where to mount a air/fuel guage... :roll:
Thank God I have extra zebrano wood... I feel a headache coming on :cry:
Sorry, don't mean to hijack a thread - but I will :D

An a/f ratio gauge gets you nothing on a diesel. They will suck as much air as you can give them, regardless of fuel.

#13 ·
im quite impressed with this guys skills and workmanship :shock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.