Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
My usual method of checking scratches is just to rub some spit on it, and scrape it with a fingernail as a test. That'll quick tell you what will buff out and what won't. Some of that looks like it could be buffed (the white), some of it appears to be down to the plastic (the black).

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My usual method of checking scratches is just to rub some spit on it, and scrape it with a fingernail as a test. That'll quick tell you what will buff out and what won't. Some of that looks like it could be buffed (the white), some of it appears to be down to the plastic (the black).
oh it's all white, it's just looks black from the lighting. It was dark out

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
it should buff out. Get a bottle of scratch fix from your local auto supply shop, Meguiers, 3M, Nufinish, AutoGlym, all of them work okay from what I hear.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it should buff out. Get a bottle of scratch fix from your local auto supply shop, Meguiers, 3M, Nufinish, AutoGlym, all of them work okay from what I hear.
my step dad said get turtle wax and he was going to use the machine on it but I did it by hand :p it looks amazing! The only small mark is plastic which won't come out obviously lol and there isn't even a single dent. Gotta love German engineering!

·
in dire need of an organic chemistry lesson
2,404 Posts
And your face is on the chrome lining of the bumper. So now we all know how you look like just in case :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts