Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd introduce myself. Name is Kevin.

I drive a 01 Jetta 1.8t, am almost done parts gathering for the GT3076r that is going on the car. It currently has:

Eurojet Race FMIC
Forge 007 DV
Koni Yellows
Neuspeed Race springs
ECS Tuning control arm bushings
ECS tuning lightweight underdrive pulleys
Aristo's
Greddy Profec B spec 2
3in downpipe
Magnaflow 2.5
Upsolute chip
Raxles

Coming this month: (have the parts have to put them on)
GT3076r t3, .63
630cc injectors
Pagparts manifold and downpipe, v band flange
Adjustable FPR
Tial 38mm wastegate
Walboro 225
Unitronics software

That should be done at the end of this month.

Other car is the reason I'm on this forum:

99 Passat V6.
Mods:
......... a cd player?

Ha the Passat stays stock, gotta have one vehicle that is good to take on road trips. It's the car that sees lots of miles and lots of driving. It would be nice to do suspension and some wheels but I like the nice ride for all the miles it sees.

Anyway, just saying hello and hope to pass on some knowledge and learn some too, and be a goof.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

And this is mounting up the FMIC:

I'm going to get some more recent pictures, as alot has changed since these pics. I'm just excited for when this goes on:

All these pictures were before the new bumper, FMIC and R32 brakes.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Nice Jetta!

Hi Kevin, What a beautiful Jetta you have. :thumbup: In my opinion, the best looking Volkswagen model ever. That could be (might be, will be) considered heresy around these parts. In fairness, the B5/5.5 Passats are also beautiful, and offer advantages not found in the Jettas.

I just traded mine in 6 weeks ago, indentical in appearance to yours except for stock Monte Carlos, and no tint. Galactic Blue, with black leather interior. Mine was an '03 GLI with the 2.8L V6 - 6MT.

I kick myself daily for getting rid of it, and the only cure is to go out to the garage and climb in my Passat for an hour's cruise!

I'll be very interested to hear your opinions on the modded Jetta vs. the modded Passat, both with the 1.8T.

Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys!

I'll snap some pictures of the Passat, I have some work to do on it before it sees a 3-4000 mile road trip here in March. It's time for a timing belt, water pump, motor mounts, brake flush, shocks, tires...........

It's not in the best shape, body has seen better days, a dent here, scratch there, but it's paid off and doesn't even have 100k on it yet. I don't feel bad putting 1g of work into it since I want it to last me about another 5-6 years or so. No car payment is nice!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Passat got it's last payment (all 201.88, if you call that a payment) in November. The Jetta's last payment is March! ......... sorry I'm excited about that.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Nah Kevin, no sweat. Someday, I too will be able to say that. Unfortunately, that day is so far in the future I don't think even Miss Cleo could see it.

Congratulations!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not that having it paid off actually makes me save more money, it just allows me to budget more towards the car. I'm an idiot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts