Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately, the weather prohibited us from taking her out (he just got her & doesn't want her in the rain yet)....

Overall, I am very impressed. The seats are so snug. The iterior is off the chain. And the wheels are RAYS wheels!!!! (ie: Volk Racing!!!!!) Very nice... very nice indeed!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Re: Sat in my cousin's new 350Z last night... (BoeserBlick)

Cool... I got to see one last night at a friend's wedding reception that I was photographing. This guy pulled up to pick someone up just as I was packing up from a group shot on the porch. I saw a silver compact car pull up on my peripheral vision and my first thought was "TT", when I turned to look I yelled out load "WHOA! is that a 350Z?". Of course nobody knew what the hell I was talking about, and the guy had his windows down since it was raining.

Great looking car, the interior looks very well put together from what I saw. I snapped a picture of the outside since I was standing there with my Nikon in hand. I wonder how roomy they are for 6'+ tall people....

Agreement on the wheels, Boeser.. they're pretty sweet.

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Re: Sat in my cousin's new 350Z last night... (nyibpass)

Someone on my street bought one and is parking it on the street at night! It's gorgeous!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Re: Sat in my cousin's new 350Z last night... (Kenny Payne)

No way! Stock Volks!?!?!

Thats
!

What is the spec on the engine again?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Re: Sat in my cousin's new 350Z last night... (okibono)

As per nissanusa.com:

3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6
aluminum-alloy engine with CVTCS
287 hp @ 6,200 rpm
274 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm
Sequential multi-point electronic fuel injection

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re: Sat in my cousin's new 350Z last night... (chris2525)

One of the guys who works for me got one. Pretty quick on acceleration, seating is nicely snug for tracking around turns. Suspension feels just right. Sound system sucks - they have this automatic system that measures the level of sound in the cabin and adjusts the volume accordingly - but it doesn't work well as the sub woofer can be overdriven. Most controls are laid out well but I'm sure there will be serveral running changes based on feedback. You can't tell if the doors are locked or not for instance! Visibility out the windows is limited - big blind spots. I'm 6'2"/225 and fit very well in both seats in the head and leg room department. Overall, a good car if they don't mark it up too much.

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
Re: Sat in my cousin's new 350Z last night... (JonBoy)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I think its great to see the Z back again. I loved the old 300Z's.

Jon<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And it's a damn fine TV ad campaign they've got going: it shows various vanity plates from old Z's throughout the years.

I saw one yesterday on the way home from work with the plate "350Z" (I guess it's time for him to debadge
)

I like the way they offer 5 different trimlines, but the engine is the same in all. Very good idea, IMO- just suspension/wheel/interior/electronic differences.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Re: Sat in my cousin's new 350Z last night... (BoeserBlick)

Laugh, I can't get these cars to stay away from me now... they're everywhere. I was making a right turn, and passed one waiting to turn left onto the road I came from. I was still going slow when I passed and the guy looked over so I gave him a thumbs up and he nodded back.

30 minutes later, driving home after running some errands, I passed the same guy - going opposite directions on a road. We both saw each other at the same time and just started laughing.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Re: Sat in my cousin's new 350Z last night... (nyibpass)

My buddy at work just got one, paid 37K

Its silver

Its a sharp looking car... I wonder when they will have aftermarket stuff for it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts