Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to post this here instead of anything auto since I don't have pics of the refurbished parts I'm about to work on. But here's the baby that's going to antiquate my wire-wheel brushes:

D-OH! Ya THINK??????? :lol:
The only thing the unit didn't come with was the AN fitting for the air compressor. I'll need to go to the store today for that piece and I'll also have to build some type of cabinet so I can reclaim the media. At $18 for 25lb.s of aluminum oxide, I want to get back as much as possible. :)

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. what a fun (and useful) toy to have.

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Harbor Freights (www.harborfreights.com) sent me a $10 coupon good at their retail store. I was a little surprised they even had a retail outlet but figured there wasn't any nearby... WRONG. There are several in CA and just so happens there's on in Newark, CA (just north of Fremont). Took me about 30 minutes to drive and that place was busy! Considering what they advertise, it seemed like a small place but sitting in one isle was ALL of their sand blasting equipment. And to boot, it was on sale as well (normally, $129 for the 40lb. unit); it was only $79.99 but the coupon brings it down to $69.99 :) All said and done, the $10 off paid for all the sales tax. The nice thing about this unit is, it can be pressurized and then rolled anywhere I need it.

Today's rain put a damper on things; so it's just sitting there but I got to pressurize it this morning and it appears I've assembled it w/o any leaks. Always a good thing :)

Maybe I'll use a large rubbermaid "tub" and practice on an item and see what happens. :) If I do, I'll post a before and after pic. :)

BTW: IF this works out as I hope, some other things I'll be able to do is polish up aluminum parts (i.e. intake manifold). That's what the glass-bead is for. And if that works, the valve cover isn't far behind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
S_Klass
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing