Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
usually fix my 99 B5 on my own but the issue I have now is beyond my capabilities (misfire cylinder #3, broken spark plug = in the engine, possible internal damage?).

So I need recommendation for San Diego Mechanic, preferably closer to Chula Vista.

I use to take my car to VW Specialties (Ron) at Huntington Beach when I worked in Orange County. He's somewhat far (although I'm start thinking how I can get the B5 towed there).

I did search and saw Green Hornet's post.

German Werks at Broadway, Chula Vista is the closest but I don't see any feedback (nor their website gives me any confidence that they can do major engine work).

Please help!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Southwest Auto Repair has done a pretty good job for me so far, Chuck is honest and knows what he's doing. He always takes time to explain what he's done and everything... He's not german specialized, but a good mechanic (and this is becoming rare).
although I never had major engine work done by him, I recommend going over there and talking to him to see what he will tell you (ps: let me know how it goes and what he says..). He worked on some Audis before, and of course on my passat! You can tell him the dude with the Passat Wagon who had his CV boots replaced lately sent you, he remembers his customers and the work he has does for them pretty well.
Chuck: (619) 574-7775. He's located by the airport, close to where the I5 crosses the I8.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Keep it coming.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts