Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share that I no longer own my '06 Candy White/Black Passat 3.6L Sport/Nav.

I really appreciate the help this community has provided during my ownership (July '08 - May '09).

I also want to thank the FANTASTIC servicing dealer, Keffer VW - Huntersville, NC. I drove my Passat (several, several times) from my home (Matthews, NC) to the dealer (20 miles away...passing 2 _other_ VW dealers along the way). The folks at Keffer VW have been awesome and probably the BEST service experience I've had.

Unfortunately, VW Corp said my Passat was driving "within operating specs" and that was the last straw for me. :mad:

I put a little over 21k miles on my B6 in 11 months. Took delivery of my Passat at the start of July 2008. In that time, I took my Passat for warranty calls no less than 10 times. :(

Anyways...I know several of you have had good experiences with your VW. In the end, it just wasn't the car for ME anymore. I really do appreciate the time I spent here. Best always! :)

·
I'm just itching to be Banned
13,889 Posts
wow, that's really strange to here, I thought the v6's were supposed to be near bulletproof. If you don't mind me asking, what went wrong? If you haven't already you should check what the lemon laws are for your state. It sounds like you qualify for a buyback.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The biggest issue was with the transmission...very jerky. The dealer recommended a transmission replacement...but VW corp said :thumbdown

Maybe it was just me. :rolleyes: I'm just glad I don't have to deal with it anymore.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Oh, sorry to hear about your problems.:( :cry:I hope you still hang around in this great community:greenthumb:. What are you replacing the B6:driving: with?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I typed this up on my Honda S2K forum before I made the trade...

My problem list with the Passat:
  • Jerky auto transmission (as if it slips - happens everyday - makes the car annoying to drive)
  • Key often gets stuck (push key - happens ~4x a week)
  • NAV system resets (happens ~2x a month)
  • NAV system extremely S-L-O-W
  • Climatic controls very noisy (all the time)
  • Aluminum trim around the windows is spotting and there's no fix (looks like crap)
  • XM resets (happens ~3x a month)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Airgate, enjoy the new Honda.
Thank you! And thanks KlausJ. :D

My other Hondas at home include:

'02 S2000
'08 Accord Coupe V6

I've owned Hondas for years and my first Honda was an '88 Prelude Si 4WS...but when I bought the Passat, I wanted to try something different.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm also coming from an Honda Family. I had a Civic SI 1989, an Accord Coupe 2001, an Acura TL 2004 and lately an Honda Civic Coupe 2006 and was starting getting bored with Honda. I discovered Volkswagen last year when I bought a 08 Rabbit. I definitely fell in love with the driving dynamics of the car, and trade last month my 06 Civic for a brand new Passat Wagon.

The Civic was good on gas, but the fun to drive ration was on the down side. And the reliability as well. While other compagnies like VW is improving the reliability, Honda is sitting on her ass, and the reliability is on the down side. On my Civic, I had rust within the first year, repaired under warranty and it came back the second year. Also I had a strange sound on the front strut, they repair under warranty (service bulletin). Then I had a temperature sensor for cooling liquid to change, all under warranty. Finally the tires were worn badly, so I had to pay for a new alignment......no warranty for that !

·
Registered
18 Posts
I typed this up on my Honda S2K forum before I made the trade...

My problem list with the Passat:
  • Jerky auto transmission (as if it slips - happens everyday - makes the car annoying to drive)
  • Key often gets stuck (push key - happens ~4x a week)
  • NAV system resets (happens ~2x a month)
  • NAV system extremely S-L-O-W
  • Climatic controls very noisy (all the time)
  • Aluminum trim around the windows is spotting and there's no fix (looks like crap)
  • XM resets (happens ~3x a month)
I does not make any difference now but consider yourself very lucky not to have the Oil Pump Bolt issue (2006/07 3.6L models only) hit you. When it happens the result is usually catastrophic engine failure!

BTW - I just sold my wonderful 2008 4MO wagon last week, such a nice vehicle...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts