Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I filled up for the first time a few days ago and it was $50. It pretty much sucked. Its pretty fun not having to worry about potholes or anything anymore, and the truck is definitely faster than my passat.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
My wife and I have an '05 Crew Cab 4x4 with the off road package. It's a nice truck with plenty of power. I'm not a huge fan of trucks but I do like the fact that it has a lot of room in the cab, a lot of big trucks are designed for small drivers. I will say the seat in my Passat went back farther than the Titan.

Enjoy your new truck!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I decided to go with a truck because I do a lot of outdoor activities like mountain biking and fishing and it was just a pain with a sedan fitting everything. And I've gotten the passat stuck and had to be towed while camping.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah it is pretty big. It's nice being able to see over everything. My brother has my Passat now so hopefully he will keep modding it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
we traded out 99 sedan, for an 07 4MO wagon...

i got my trusty 89 toyota xtra cab for the mountains!
altho i'd love to one day, upgrade my truck for a newer version. =)

why not ADD to the stable? instead of getting rid of the passat?! =(

·
Registered
550 Posts
Tires don't look stock, but those should serve you well when you go off-roading. The happiest day of my life was the day I traded in my 1998 Dodge Ram Quad-Cab Laramie SLT ... good looking truck but when all was said and done the fill-ups were killing me. That and the frequent visits to the dealership for one thing or another. Dodges suck big time. I had the 5.9L and on a good day I got 13 MPG. On average I spent $250/month on gas and that got me no further than commutes to/from work. I will never buy another full-size truck, but if I had to it wouldn't be a daily driver.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I already upgraded the tires and put a 2" leveling kit on it. As far as reliability goes, the truck should be much more reliable than the passat and it has a full warranty. I had a ton of problems with the passat and actually had something wrong with it the whole 2 years I had it. The gas is a little pricey but I don't drive that much and now I don't have to use premium.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts