1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Confused
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car: 2001.5 B5.5 1.8T AWM Tip
The Milage: 103,700
The Radio: Single DIN Cassette with 6CD Changer

I was driving yesterday and the stock radio decides to shut itself off. I turned it back on by pressing the power button, and it showed SAFE for about a second and then went back to normal. I didn't lose any stations or settings and it went back to the function I was using when it shut off: Tape mode with a cassette adapter for my iPod nano.

My car has been driven for nearly 13 hours straight on Monday and 8 hours straight yesterday. The incident occured in my 7th hour out of 8. My only electrical mods have been:

- a McCulloch 4300k HID Kit
- Homelink visor

I also had a Garmin nuvi and my cell phone plugged in.

I did a search and couldn't find anything, but I was hoping some of you guys might have experience with this and could help me out. I still have about 3 more 10 hour driving days left and I wanted to make sure this wasn't something I needed to address immediatesly (such as a faulty ground or a dangerous short). Thanks in advance for you help, guys.

·
Banned
2,235 Posts
The car: 2001.5 B5.5 1.8T AWM Tip
The Milage: 103,700
The Radio: Single DIN Cassette with 6CD Changer

I was driving yesterday and the stock radio decides to shut itself off. I turned it back on by pressing the power button, and it showed SAFE for about a second and then went back to normal. I didn't lose any stations or settings and it went back to the function I was using when it shut off: Tape mode with a cassette adapter for my iPod nano.

My car has been driven for nearly 13 hours straight on Monday and 8 hours straight yesterday. The incident occured in my 7th hour out of 8. My only electrical mods have been:

- a McCulloch 4300k HID Kit
- Homelink visor

I also had a Garmin nuvi and my cell phone plugged in.

I did a search and couldn't find anything, but I was hoping some of you guys might have experience with this and could help me out. I still have about 3 more 10 hour driving days left and I wanted to make sure this wasn't something I needed to address immediatesly (such as a faulty ground or a dangerous short). Thanks in advance for you help, guys.

The Homelink visor gets hinky sometimes - it's design is prone to shorting out, which can cause all types of electrical wierdness.

·
Confused
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Homelink visor gets hinky sometimes - it's design is prone to shorting out, which can cause all types of electrical wierdness.
Yeah, that's what I originally thought. I just didn't know if anyone else had this issued link to any other things.

·
Confused
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump: Any other suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts