Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
No finga, No finga!
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
today when i dropped my son off at school. When I came home I noticed there was something brown sticking out from the center lower louvers between the fog lights. When I looked closer it was a kitten. Some how it wedged itself inbetween there, got stuck and died.

It was removed and discarded properly and respecfully.
The thing is my car sleeps in my garage and I pass the front of it every night to go upstairs. I always look over the car before I go in and there was no cat.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
may want to check your accessory belts. there's no way it died just laying there...
what? and you know this how?:hmmm:

I'm sure when he removed the kitten he would have noticed if it was mangled by the accessory belts or not.

·
Registered
253 Posts
lol, only that it didn't look like it died from impact, and it's on the wrong side to have been cooked by the manifold/turbo.

just thought i'd give some friendly lay advice

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
who cares...it's a friggin' CAT. it might as well have been a small dog. I mean really, are we seriously getting worked up over something about as useless as a parakeet???

·
No finga, No finga!
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We just figured it out.
There are a bunch of strays over by my mechanics shop.
Some black, some white and some black and white.
He/she must have went in there when I was in the back of the shop looking at my springs.

One of my friends said it was the speed at which I drive that killed the cat.
When we took it out it did look scared and both front paws were by its face like it just rode a roller coaster.

·
No finga, No finga!
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
who cares...it's a friggin' CAT. it might as well have been a small dog. I mean really, are we seriously getting worked up over something about as useless as a parakeet???
the military has hardened some peoples heart
but i hear yeah

@ dj tunez it was no joke look

·
Registered
275 Posts
My friends cat used to sleep inside the engine bay of his suburban. One morning he was in a hurry and forgot to check for it so when he started it up the fan got the cat. I am guessing the cat tried to get away from whatever got it and the start-stop of the driving bounced it around to where it finally wound up.
Poor cat. :(

Your VW is a cat eating beast! :icon_evil

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
We just figured it out.
There are a bunch of strays over by my mechanics shop.
Some black, some white and some black and white.
He/she must have went in there when I was in the back of the shop looking at my springs.

One of my friends said it was the speed at which I drive that killed the cat.
When we took it out it did look scared and both front paws were by its face like it just rode a roller coaster.
Plausible explanation. Many years ago (circa 1970) I worked with a guy who relayed the following. He went out on a cold morning and started his car per usual, and heard the most horrific noise from under his hood. He turned off the motor, popped the hood, and a cat had been mortally wounded by the fan blade. This was in the day when the blades were made out of metal instead of plastic, so it did a real number on the poor kitty. My friend promptly pulled out his pistol and put it out of it's misery. He figured the cat must have gotten cold and managed to climb up near the engine block for warmth when he came home the nite before.

Sad.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.