Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any thing I should worry about If I get this combo? Any drawbacks, like the clutch burning out quicker?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Dude, don't get demanding, you'll get an ear full and rightfully so. How is it that in 8 months and 98 posts a SEARCH function is still a mystery to you? :banghead:
At this point you might as well stomp your foot :cry: , maybe that will get you an answer.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
first of all I did use the search button..... and you should talk..... 20 months 2,189 posts ........do the math!!!also I guess you have no knowladge of this so you just wanted to say something!......... but good use of smiley faces! :thumbup: Numbnuts,You are no help to me. foff
To everyone else....... the reason I need this info is because my clutch and FW are toast and my :b5: has been down for three days.....I always get advice from :b5:ers before I buy ANY part, I have never had any problems with anything I purchased for this car going this route....Any help would be great....as always!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Numbnuts, thanks for trying ....but I want to know if the LWFW will burn out the clutch faster..learning disability? you average 109 post a month ,I average 12........do the math! Either you dont use the SEARCH button or you just blow hot air;)

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Alright, calm down. Ucheckit, the reason that you can't find a definitive answer to your question is twofold. First, no one here has a crystal ball, so we can't assure you of success with this setup. Next, what SACHs clutch? The Sport Clutch or OE? What LWFW? Not that it matters necessarily, but are they sold as a set or individually? As a general rule, the clutch won't burn out sooner strictly because you're using a LWFW. You may experience a minor hit in terms of ease of operation, but you can probably compensate for it without any difficulty. You will experience a slight performance gain. So that's as much as we know. We don't know whether this setup will last as long as OE. Give it a try and let us know how it worked out for you.

Kenny

·
Registered
964 Posts
the man has spoken...... anyways, i have a friend who did the sachs/lwfw on his 1.8t gti, he still has it in there after about 20k so i doubt that it would burn up any faster than oe, good luck and watch your mouth bro, stick to asking questions !

-deez

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Kenny and thanks deez...thats all I wanted to know.... the lwfw is a fidanza and the clutch is OE... I went with OE because my clutch lasted almost 90,000 miles... Buying the set up as we speak.... I'll let ya know how it goes......thanks again..sorry for the verbal lashing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts