Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
VW4.0L said:
And I just saw Lexus IS300 on fire, what's your point?
My thoughts exactly. Not to be a dick, but I'm guessing there are at least a few hundred thousand cars in Montreal, of which at least 10,000 are Audis. I'll take the 0.0002% chance that my car will ignite.

I've seen Porsches, BMWs, and Mazdas on fire as well. It happens.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
My friends Volvo 740 caught on fire in his driveway. Spinning on ice, caught a stone and threw a spark igniting a pinhole leak in the power steering. POOF! I have pictures of it in my den, framed. Hillarious!

·
Banned
3,172 Posts
Just a side note as I already made the post last year:

Last year I saw a red Acura NSX on fire on the side of I-15 North in San Diego! :weirdo:
The owner was on his cell phone screaming into it! Must have been the Acura dealership he wes on the phone with. :nervous:

Goes to show that even car with the most "bulletproof" motors and reliability reputations catch fire.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
SDPassatT said:

Last year I saw a red Acura NSX on fire on the side of I-15 Noth in San Diego! :weirdo:
The owner was on his cell phone screaming into it! Must have been the Acura dealership he wes on the phone with. :nervous:

Goes to show that even car with the most "bulletproof" motors and reliability reputations catch fire.
Of course....

And now we hear how hydrogen cars are so unsafe, and there is a risk of this and that.....while gas powered cars are even worst!!! But you know.....government like oil.......

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Banned
3,172 Posts
passaturbonium said:
SDPassatT said:

Last year I saw a red Acura NSX on fire on the side of I-15 Noth in San Diego! :weirdo:

Of course....

And now we hear how hydrogen cars are so unsafe, and there is a risk of this and that.....while gas powered cars are even worst!!! But you know.....government like oil.......
Yeah, it is kinda funny, huh? Although, aren't the H fuel cells highly pressurized? An explosion under pressure is probably worse than an explosion under minimal pressure. But still......the gov is crazy with their excuses sometimes. :crazy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts