Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really into buying a set of Audi rims for my B5.5. I just don't know which ones. I tried to complete a search to look for anyone on this board that may have a pic of either of these rims on their B5 but I couldn't get the search to go before the new year. What do you guys think, A4 rims or S4? Anyone have any pics?

Here's a pic of the A4 rims. I don't have a pic of the S4 ones.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I have a photo of these A4 Sport Package 17" rims on my B5.
They're custom painted Satin Silver too. Here you go:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HKpassat, that looks good !

Did you have any issues with the installation of these wheels? Did you have to make any changes due to the tire being wider or anything like that? I want to make sure I won't have to make any mod's to implement these.

·
Registered
393 Posts
There are no modifications necessary with either wheel.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Meap said:
HKpassat, that looks good !

Did you have any issues with the installation of these wheels? Did you have to make any changes due to the tire being wider or anything like that? I want to make sure I won't have to make any mod's to implement these.
They were plug and play.

I'm using 235/45/17 tires (which is same tire spec for the A4s) though if I were to do it again I might've gone with 225/45/17 to save some gas on my V6 as a daily driver. I'm running on Pirelli P7000 SuperSports and I've been running on them over a year, including abusing them at autocrossing events and they still have lots of tread so I'm quite impressed.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone have any idea what the difference in weight is between the S4 rims and the A4 rims?

·
Registered
541 Posts
the_house: Is your B5.5 Wagon lowered or is that stock? I like the avus rims on a black B5.5 but not sure if I want to do it with stock suspension.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts