Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the radio antenna on my 99 B5. I was wanting to get a S2000 antenna but i dont know where the best place is to get one. So I need some help guys.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
310 Posts
Go down to your local Honda dealership. You only need the antenna mast, I believe it's around 12-14 bucks for the part. I had one laying around from my Acura Integra and I was surprised to see it screwed right on to the OEM antenna base on my VW... you need a 40 dollar kit to mount it on the Integra. :wink:

·
Registered
778 Posts
You might want to try the Perfect Fit s2000 antenna. It is a little skinnier at the base so it fits flush with the VW base instead of leaving a bit of an overhang.

Try: http://enfig.com/s2000.htm

BTW: I actually get better FM reception with the Enfig Perfect Fit S2000 than with the OE antenna (don't know about AM because I don't us it).

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Interestingly enough, the antenna mast from the Honda Element also fits nicely with very little overhang. Its a couple bucks cheaper but harder to find.

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,267 Posts
Slider said:
...BTW: I actually get better FM reception with the Enfig Perfect Fit S2000 than with the OE antenna (don't know about AM because I don't us it).
Me, too! The flush fit of the Enfig is really nice, and worth the extra cost IMO.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Mine was $16 at the honda dealorship near me..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
JT02460
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing