Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title says, the transmission cooler lines are very rusted and they leak a lot. I have identified 2 points from where it leaks. Point A and point B (see attached pictures). I was thinking about just cutting the pipes at points C and D and replace them with a rubber hose and keep them in place with some heavy duty hose clamps.
What I need from you guys is to recommend me some appropriate tubing for this repair. The pipes have OD: 12.5mm.
Please let me know if it would be a bad idea.
Thank you :)

UPDATE
I will go with this type of hose: https://www.amazon.ca/Derale-13016-Transmission-Engine-Hose/dp/B004XONNTE/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=transmission+cooler+hose&qid=1567009213&s=automotive&sr=1-2

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
hoses will work ,very little pressure however better to get a smaller hose for a tight fit as the hose will soften up, make sure tranny is filled afterwards and hose (locations/flow direction is correct). I will not at my shop til this weekend but I believe I have some extra nuts (the ones that are on the hose termination points) and barbed fittings....)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have the same issue, found a salvaged cooler w/ the pipes so I'll just replace the entire thing. How'd you make out with the hose?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have the same issue, found a salvaged cooler w/ the pipes so I'll just replace the entire thing. How'd you make out with the hose?
That's so lucky, i had no luck finding the parts in a good condition, i live in Montreal, Canada and we kinda have a problem with rust.
I am doing it either at the end of this week or the beginning of the next one. I'll post an update and some pictures when it's done.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had the same issue with my CC. Tried to "patch" the lines, but they still leaked. Got the new lines from the dealer. Remove the front wheel well liners, the front bumper (Fascia) and they are exposed. I had to drill a hole and cut the plastic substrate to remove the lines and re-install. It was a bear to get the upper "O" rings to fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts