Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Rust in peace. '02 1.8t

Tags
18t peace rust
1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  VWs4Ever 
#1 ·
Hey guys, well, my little green veedub has finally gone to the giant car lot in the sky. ( at least for me )

379k miles was a good life for the little thing.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Alloy wheel

Pretty much a blown headgasket and suspected warped head did it in. And I'm not putting any more money into it, when the cost of repairs is a down payment on something much newer. The HG was allowing air into the coolant system, and it would boil over, and steam up and blow out hoses and pipes and things on it.

I just wanna say thanks to everyone on here who has helped me keep the little car going for all these years.

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm not going to bother parting it out, and technically the title is in my fathers name, so its his to do as he wants. Which I guess he will sell it to someone for about $1000 or so.

Thing that sucks was right before the HG blew I dropped about $1000 on it to try to keep it going till the end of the year.

I'm sad i never got to see it tick 400,000 miles on it.

#9 ·
the interior isn't bad actually, the drivers seat is obviously a little worn, but it was a straight commuter car for my dad, and rarely had anyone else in it, and I'm a single guy no wife or kids, so I never used the back seat aside from carrying a few things.

meanwhile, I just picked this goodie up last night.

I've already blessed it with the baptism of its first oil change, and my stuffed tiger that has been with me since i was 16 with my first car, to my motorcycles, and to my VW has now found its place in the glovebox of my new ride.

. Farewell VW lovers! onward to a mazda forum!

( and due to the many issues of the WV's turbo, i went with the non turbo mazda3, but at least I have a clutch and a manual 6-speed now! )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.