Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been recently very annoyed by the obvious poor design of the rear trunk release. My trunk lid is starting to rust like crazy because water would get trapped under the lip, and rust the thing out. Would this be covered by the rust warranty? Any ideas how expensive this would be to get fixed? The rest of the car is in great shape, but this is an eyesore. :mad:

Rim Wheel

Violet Wheel Rim Emblem Symbol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm trying to figure out a way to convince them that this should be covered by warranty. Its not 'perforated', just paint peeling. This is a 2006 Passat by the way.

According to the book: (copy from the internets, taking as fact)

The Volkswagen corrosion warranty protects against any rust-through, or perforation, on the vehicle body. It will cover the cost of repairs to rust-through that are caused by manufacturer defect or workmanship. The Volkswagen corrosion warranty begins the day the vehicle is delivered to it's firs owner (in-service date) or the first date of use.

What is Covered Under the Volkswagen Corrosion Warranty?

Under the Volkswagen corrosion warranty, any repairs to rust though on the body of the vehicle are covered if the rust is due to manufacturer defect or workmanship. Once rust is discovered on the vehicle body, it must be taken to a Volkswagen authorized service center. Then Volkswagen will decided whether to repair the rust or replace the part. The Volkswagen corrosion warranty covers what is listed above. For items that are not covered please refer to the "What is Not Covered" section of the warranty booklet.
Any advice on how to approach the dealer is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So update. As expected, the dealership wants nothing to do with this. They say its my fault, that I must have nicked the paint somehow and thats why. I call bullshit, but they stood firm. Well, I guess thats to be expected from a dealership.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
On a related note, I washed my wagon yesterday and noticed a rust/paint bubble on the upper corner of my left rear inner tail light.

I know about the 'perforation' policy but anyone have any joy in getting something like this covered by VW? REALLY not impressed by this... I didn't have an issue on this with my B5. There's no paint chip at all.. just water/rust under the paint.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Pratt, try going dealer at St.Laurent blvd. I have surface rust in my wagon when the rear hatch window bottom meet the cover. I showed them and ask if they will fix it now or I need to wait for the rust to get thru it. They take some picture and the next day, they called me in for repair. Only take them one day to repaint and no charge on me.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Pratt, try going dealer at St.Laurent blvd. I have surface rust in my wagon when the rear hatch window bottom meet the cover. I showed them and ask if they will fix it now or I need to wait for the rust to get thru it. They take some picture and the next day, they called me in for repair. Only take them one day to repaint and no charge on me.
You mean Bytek?

I have to take it in for the intake flap recall so I'll see if Myers (ugh) can do anything about it. If they can't, I'll swing by Bytek. I'm mad at Hunt Club since they told me they wouldn't cover my hatch switch failure 2000km out of CPO.

Thanks man

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.