Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does VW have a paint warrenty?

Click for the full-size photo.

I assume they do and will be taking my baby to the stealership for a new rear hatch but wanted to collect some info here first. I'm happy to see that I couldn't find any posts about rust problems.

It's a 2002 GLS Variant w/ 18K miles on it, I just noticed this rust spot this morning when gassing up for the weekend. I picked at it a little really gently to make sure it wasn't something else and it sure wasn't. :sad:

a.s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If it is coming from under the paint VW will warranty it. If it is caused by a chip in the paint then you might have a problem. I think the corrosion warranty is for 10 years 100000 miles. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no chips or anything, it's right at the corner of the rear window, so that is good. it seems like a little split or crack, like it bubbled, but hard to tell.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I think the warranty for rust is 12 years against perforation. Meaning they will not fix it unless it rusts through. Could be wrong, but with double sided galvanized metal, rust is rare anymore.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I have to agree with FastLane. It is likely not covered unless there is a hole in the metal. But since it is still under the new car warranty you might get lucky. Hope ti works out for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts