Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I had these bent rims from the previous owner that curbed the crap out of them... so i swapped them to some steelies because i was getting nasty shakes from them... or so i thought. Got the new rims, and still getting the shakes, so I thought next the problem was warped rotors... got them replaced under warranty... still shaking and shuttering... Now that I think about it, the shaking only seems to happen sometimes when doing 60ish, and 120ish... and sometimes when i'm doing that speed it doesn't happen. Sometimes when i brake, I get feedback like my rotors are warped, but then sometimes it doesn't do it, and the other thing that is driving me nuts is when i pull into my driveway, sometimes it feels and sounds like my whole front suspension system is loose, and rattles like hell. Any ideas? PLEASE!!!!

·
Banned
742 Posts
i just got my car lowered and it does the same thing, i need an alginment, but for 300 i will live with the shakes till it gets really bad

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
lift the car with a jack, firmly grab the lifted wheel, shake it (pull w. left hand, push with the right type motion), if there is excessive play then its time to change the tie rods.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I will check that. If it was a loose brake pad, or unbalanced wheel, it would have done it all the time, right?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
2000v65speed said:
i just got my car lowered and it does the same thing, i need an alginment, but for 300 i will live with the shakes till it gets really bad
I think you need to go somewhere else because stealerships don't even charge that much. :icon_eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts