Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
Step in the right direction. I always liked the original, but for most people you changed turbos as much as oil.

If they make it I really hope they put IRS on it, but they probably won't.

·
Registered
515 Posts
My coworker has a new GT. Boring. Period. In no way could you confuse it for a performance car. More HP is definitely needed.

Now...if they could just put 300Hp in the Focus.

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
My coworker has a new GT. Boring. Period. In no way could you confuse it for a performance car. More HP is definitely needed.

Now...if they could just put 300Hp in the Focus.
The original SVO was actually quite a bit more fun then the GT. Besides the I4 turbo it had better wheels, suspension, seats, steering wheel etc. and was lighter, especially in the front end. The weight balance was better obviously. That same theory I assume would apply to the new one, but the problem with the original was the price. It costs more then the GT and the type of person that buys a Mustang probably won't go for it.

I believe they had a 300HP Focus in Europe for the WRC. Ford should bring that over. STIs and Evos sell, why not the Focus.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The original SVO was actually quite a bit more fun then the GT. Besides the I4 turbo it had better wheels, suspension, seats, steering wheel etc. and was lighter, especially in the front end. The weight balance was better obviously. That same theory I assume would apply to the new one, but the problem with the original was the price. It costs more then the GT and the type of person that buys a Mustang probably won't go for it.

I believe they had a 300HP Focus in Europe for the WRC. Ford should bring that over. STIs and Evos sell, why not the Focus.
they have a new 295hp focus over in europe
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/04/officially-official-2009-ford-focus-rs/

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
How do you make the (new) classic Mustang lines look more Euro...??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts