Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking through the Forums, it seems that the Toyo FZ4's are being discontinued. This explains why the rims dealer is trying so hard to sell me a wheels/tire package with Toyo FZ4's.

$1000 for 4 17" RS4 replicas and Toyo FZ4 225/45-17's.

Good deal?

It's only $400 more for the same package with Mich. Pilot Sports.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Which dealer is offering this? I may research the tire specs and go for it (been shopping for RS4 replicas). Just because it is being discontinued, doesn't mean the tire won't meet your (or my) expectations. Compare tread life, traction, etc. with others that you are considering. If the price is right when taking all these factors in, then it's a good value. If the tire doesn't offer what you want, then no price is a good price.

Steve

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the info from the Wheel Exchange®. Take into account that I wouldn't be charged shipping or freight since they are only 45 minutes from where I live, and I would go an pick them up myself. The actual offer was $1079. I knocked off the 79 because I was assuming that included freight - but perhaps not.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
A little late to the game, but I bought a wheel/tire combo from the Wheel Exchange and I'm nothing but smiles.

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
To my understanding the FZ4s have not been discontinued, but they have been replaced by the 4s, my tire place still stocks both. Not sure why anyone would spend the same price on the FZ4s when they could get the 4s. I have the Proxes 4s and they are great. My dad had a set of FZ4s on his last car and they were great also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
10 Participants
jonsey24
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing