Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may have seen my post in the "show me your wheels thread" about my little project last weekend:

Now I'm deciding what to do with the center caps. Note: these are OEM audi wheels, not replicas. The Audi rings in the middle of the center cap pops off. When popped off there are slight indentations where it used to be. Other than that there is a smooth, convex dome left. I'm going to fill the indentations left by the rings with bondo, sand smooth, and paint.

Here's the advice I seek. What color? The exact LA7W reflex silver that the wheels are painted? Or go for a similar grey color like they currently are? Or something different altogether? Maybe even a darker, more silvery gray? I could add a little black to the reflex silver paint to make something sweet and create a little contrast.

Also, the other option is still to find some VW emblems to go on there. But the only ones I've found so far are a little cheesy looking. I have not found any 105mm OEM caps yet that would work (although I'm told they exist) .

Cheese:

A little better:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hey Leif,

Did you ever find some VW center caps or modded the center caps for the VW "stickers?" I am interested in doing the same since I picked up a set of 18" RS4 rims. Like yours, they are from the factory and not reps.

Let me know.

Brian

·
Registered
518 Posts
i've been looking for VW caps for my RS4 wheels for a while now too -- but screw it, i give up. the audi ones i currently have are high quality and since the passat is basically an audi anyway....screw it :)

i get alot of people that ask me "hey is that an audi?" -- i even got a parking ticket once on campus and for the type of car it said: grn audi 4dr :lol:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
AutobahnB5 said:
i get alot of people that ask me "hey is that an audi?" -- i even got a parking ticket once on campus and for the type of car it said: grn audi 4dr :lol:
Man you are lucky. I only get, "What year is your Jetta?" :banghead:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts