Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...

Does anyone have any advice on running audio calbe from the stereo to the boot, i.e where is best to actually route the cable through?

What kind of cables would I need to run it off the back of the stereo itself.

Cheers

Dan

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
you shouldnt have to run any cables from the stereo. if you have monsoon...you can tap into the monsoon amn to pull a lead for your new sub's amp. i'm not sure if the base stereo without monsoon also has its amp in the trunk.
you can pull it from any speaker lead pretty much.

you will however need to run a cable into the engine compt to the battery for power

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, let me get this straight, the amp on a monsoon system is in the boot (trunk!)? What about a normal gamma system, does anyone know if this has a separate amp in the boot aswell?

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
quality_sound said:
I belive it's either under the rear deck (parcel tray) or behind one of the side panels.

Paul :thumbup:

yup its under the rear deck on the passenger side...it has a metal black box on it you cant miss it...you just have to twist your neck a bit :wink:

·
Registered
64 Posts
so all one has to do to connect a sub to the monsoon is to run a cable from the sub amp to the monsoon amp?..... :???: i have no clue on this stuff :oops:

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
your just pulling a lead out of your monsoon amp to power the amp wich will power your new sub. you'll need a high low converter to do that. that way you'll just get the bass and nothing else sent to your sub.

it may not be a do it your self job for everyone

so all one has to do to connect a sub to the monsoon is to run a cable from the sub amp to the monsoon amp?..... i have no clue on this stuff

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
if you've got a cd changer in your boot, can you use the silver (grey) lead as the remote turn-on line for the amp? My 99 is monsoon-free and i also need to know how/where to route the battery lead through the firewall. I know there are certain grommets that I could use- could I make the brakeline one share with the power lead or would I be asking for trouble? I tried looking for alternatives, but could find none. The vortex site shows only pics of MkIIIs and MkIVs. Thanx

PS, I don't know if it matters but I have a 1.8T engine

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
luvmyb5 said:
if you've got a cd changer in your boot, can you use the silver (grey) lead as the remote turn-on line for the amp? My 99 is monsoon-free and i also need to know how/where to route the battery lead through the firewall. I know there are certain grommets that I could use- could I make the brakeline one share with the power lead or would I be asking for trouble? I tried looking for alternatives, but could find none. The vortex site shows only pics of MkIIIs and MkIVs. Thanx

PS, I don't know if it matters but I have a 1.8T engine

Here's a great write-up on power cable insertion ino the cabin. http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48972&highlight=firewall

Paul :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts