Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting these KVR cross driller rotors. Which colour do you think would look best on a 98 black B5? Are these rotors good, has anyone ever heard of them warping?

They are going on this car:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
i would go gunmetal, i love the sleeper look!

·
Registered
665 Posts
1.The gold Finish Rotor with Red Calipers would look Awesome.
2. The Black Rotor with a Gold Caliper like Brembo style Caliper.

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
REMEMBER the color is only on the surface and after a day or so of braking, all contact surfaces on the rotor will be back to the bare metal color anyway!

How much for all 4 by the way?

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
S_Klass said:
REMEMBER the color is only on the surface and after a day or so of braking, all contact surfaces on the rotor will be back to the bare metal color anyway!

How much for all 4 by the way?
He's right. Bearing that in mind... if the ost is the same go with black. The hats don't wear down...

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't know that the colors were only temporary. I am probably just going to get silvers.

The front rotors are $130 CND each, and the rear rotors are $90 CND each. I was thinking of going with Brembro's but I already have the KVR carbon Fibre (semi-metallic) brake pads, and want to stick with one company.

Slimebucket: I'm not stupid, but will always be a dick :lol:

- Rich

·
Registered
329 Posts
There are WAY to many holes in that rotor. Good luck with cracking/warping etc. I'd stick with the GB from S_Klass, Cheaper and the ones I've received seem to be of very good quality.

·
Registered
331 Posts
rcassidy said:
There are WAY to many holes in that rotor. Good luck with cracking/warping etc. I'd stick with the GB from S_Klass, Cheaper and the ones I've received seem to be of very good quality.
I'll second this. I put them on last week and they are real nice, especially at this price. Also, color doesn't matter. After the bedding in process, all color is gone anyway, even the hats are discolored to the point where it doesn't really matter. I got the black ones, btw.
Michael

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
It does not really matter what color you pick because the color will only remain on the rotor hat. I would choose the silver since the wheels are silver(they will be right up agaisnt the wheels)
The black if you want a low key finished hat.
The zinc for the tradional crossdilled look.(that everyone is used to seeing).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.