Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040310/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_sleepovers&cid=544&ncid=716

President Bush opened the White House and Camp David to dozens of overnight guests last year, including foreign dignitaries, family friends and at least nine of his biggest campaign fund-raisers, documents show.
Interesting.

In a debate with Vice President Al Gore in October 2000, Bush said: "I believe they've moved that sign, `The buck stops here,' from the Oval Office desk to `The buck stops here' on the Lincoln Bedroom. And that's not good for the country."
I guess this is different... somehow?

Hypocrite. :roll:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
hahahaha :lol:

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Policticians are like peaches. They may look and taste a little different, but they all have a pit in the middle. :suspicio: :crazy:

(2,800th post...yeah, I'm a postwhore). :)

·
Super Moderator
14,051 Posts
I think Clinton had that many every week! And how dare the President entertain foreign dignitaries and family members! He should be impeached for that!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Urlik said:
I think Clinton had that many every week! And how dare the President entertain foreign dignitaries and family members! He should be impeached for that!
Article said:
"President Bush played host to dozens of overnight guests at the White House and Camp David last year, from world leaders to some of *his most loyal supporters, including friends who double as campaign fund-raisers."
*Bold,underline by me.

Article said:
"Bush's criticism of the Clinton fund-raising scandal is one of the reasons the White House identifies guests. In a debate with Vice President Al Gore in October 2000, Bush said: "I believe they've moved that sign, 'The buck stops here,' from the Oval Office desk to 'The buck stops here' on the Lincoln Bedroom. And that's not good for the country."
Andrew said:
Hypocrite. :roll:
I agree.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
didn't the clintons sell off the white house's best china?

·
Registered
902 Posts
91 16V Jetta said:
It's okay for Clinton to have guests spend the night but not President Bush?
Nobody said this. Somebody did say that he his a hypocrite because of the remarks he made about this being bad for the country.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
So what exactly is wrong with having guests stay at the White House? Should no one be allowed? How about just family? How about just family and friends?

If I ran for President (never in a million years), I'd hope my friends and family gave money to support my campaign. By giving money to my campaign, are they automatically excluded from the guest list?

As far as the President being hypocritical--he's a politician. I think that says it all. :roll:

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I don't have a problem with people staying at the White House. I do have a problem with his hypocrisy. As far as the 'the buck stops here' comment. That bothers me even more. The buck doesn't stop in the Oval Office for Bush (or many other Presidents, Clinton too). The buck rolls downhill and stops on his cabinet members and the intelligence community. If the buck really stopped in the Oval Office he would say "Whoops!" now and again. What a creep. They are all such creeps... ugh...

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
bwtom said:
Medrosje said:
didn't the clintons sell off the white house's best china?
Didn't Bush give away my right to be proud of being an American with his attack on Iraq? :lol:
As long as he didn't give away your right to vote he didn't! Walk proudly into the booths come november and exonerate our fair proud and great nation! I have no idea who to vote for but damn...

In 2000 we got to chose between crap.. crap... and crap... and 4 years later we get to chose between same crap... same crap.... new crap that smells the same as the old crap... CRAPTASTIC! I'm gonna vote for a dead guy (R. Buckminster Fuller), or write in the Guns and Dope parties candidate!

Robert Anton Wilson for President!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
12 Participants
Spirare
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing