Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Update: Ok so it seems to be really easy to change the foglight. My local dealer wants $115 + tax for a new foglight. Anyone know any parts places or other dealers where I can get it cheaper?

Thanks again guys!

Matt

Hey guys,

A rock took out my passenger side foglight cover and bulb.

Anyone know the cost of having this fixed?
Is it an easy repair to do by yourself?

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
12 Posts
Matt, you did not mention the model yr of your car, but you may want to check out the following thread "Replacing Foglight Bulbs (MY 2001.5-2003)" under Information Forum
http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=83473&sid=9422a7d4492c18f7afc6ece134dcc3bb

Even though it shows how to replace the fog light bulb, it has detail steps and pics on how to remove the whole fog light assembly. I suppose there is no easy fix for the lens. The fog light is one sealed thing that you have to replace. It costs about CAN$175.

When you pull the black lower grille off, pull it out in a straight forward motion and be careful not to break any of those taps, or there will be another CAN$15 out of your pocket.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I recently bought the right fog lamp.
part # 37B-941-699-A
list $103.93 +tax
Fixture includes a new bulb.
Ive seen some used on ebay, ususally in the $50 to $60 each range.
Very easy change out. 5 minutes work with a screw driver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.