Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I'm new to the site and have a question pertaining to my 2003 Passat GLS. We purchased the car new back in August of 2003 and have enjoyed it very much. It now has 16K miles and has developed a whiney "Road Noise" at speeds above 20 MPH. I never heard it before and checked all of the normal things (Tire pressure, fluids, brakes, etc).. has anyone else ever experienced this excessive road noise humm, or am I going crazy?

Thanks in advance! :???:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
If you are talking about almost a very quiet supercharger whine, I think that is just the electronics responding to the engine under throttle. I don't know what it is, or why it does it, but I just turn the radio on and I can't hear it anymore... no ill effects yet :thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for quick reply! The noise I'm referring to is similar to that caused by poor tires, except I've never heard it until about 3 weeks ago.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just returned from the dealer. They said I was missing a few Chassis Plugs. They replaced them ($15.00), rotated the tires and the noise was still apparent. Dealer wants me to bring the car back so they can check further (Wheel bearings, etc.) :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
courbeco
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing