Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry to report that my beloved Passat is history :cry: . Some kook in a Land Rover blew a red light at around 40mph and broadsided me :evil: . In her last noble testament to her superb quality...my whip blew both side airbags and protected me and my passenger from any serious injury. Thankfully my "real" rims/tires were safely in my basement, but it's doubtful whether I can recover many of my other mods (e.g. suspension, DV, swaybar).

Anyway, I replaced her with a 4x4 Dodge Ram and am sad i'll no longer have the pleasure of driving this great car.

Thanks to all of you ClubB5'ers who have helped me out along the way. Especially the crew from B5ONE. They've been great to me.

Can't tell from the pics, but the rear end is actually a bit crumpled too.

I do have some parts I will be selling once I figure out prices/etc. I'll do it in Classifieds.

Thanks everyone! :beer:

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
:cry:

Always a sad day when we lose a member and a beautiful B5.
Very glad to hear everyone is ok! We hope you you stop in and let us know how things are goin!
Enjoy the Ram.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
oh man...sorry to hear..i remember you when i was deciding on buying the Wetterauer chip. Sorry to see you go...Goodluck on the new car :lol:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
natskiboy said:
oh man...sorry to hear..i remember you when i was deciding on buying the Wetterauer chip. Sorry to see you go...Goodluck on the new car :lol:
Thanks guys...Nat...too bad you weren't in the market for the Wett chip now....I managed to salvage that...and the ECU! :lol:

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
No Ty, I went to get the Wett chip about the same time you did.

From the looks of your car though is it totaled?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
natskiboy said:
No Ty, I went to get the Wett chip about the same time you did.

From the looks of your car though is it totaled?

Yeah...totaled...spent...kapooie!

Here's the new ride...

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
S_Klass said:
Ouch, no .bmps those things are huge... switch over to jpegs would ya?

good point...replaced images w/ .jpgs

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kosmas said:
:eek:h: man that sucks!

So how did you decide to go from the luxury of the Passat to a truck?

Well....i'm in danger of losing my license from all the damn speeding tickets i've gotten with the Passat :suspicio: , and besides, i'm moving to Northern Vermont in a few months so the 4x4 will come in handy! 8)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gracias! :beer:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your Passat :(. Congrats on the truck though! Which engine did you get? Get some nice deep dish 15s with big MTs and you will be truckin!

-Lelo

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
sorry about your passat. super glad everyone's ok!! good luck :beer:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts