Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so.....i'm sitting here on the computer and the door bell rings and i hear a thump on the door. i go to answer the door and no one is there. my dad was sitting by the window and he said to me that he saw a kid run across the street and hide in the bushes. so i run out there with socks and all down the street. (this has happend many times already) but yeah i'm running down the street and i see this kid hiding behind a fence. i run over there and he's gone. so i just stand there and i see him peep his head around the corner and i'm like HAH.....I GOT U KID!!!! he starts walking up to me and says "i didn't do it". so he just told on himself. i'm like(playing with him now) did what? he then starts stuttering and saying that he didn't do it and that this other guy did it. so i give him a little pep talk about ringing people's door. he convinced me that it wasn't him. so i'm walking back to my house and my dad gives me the psssst whistle and points to a bush. i walk over there and some kid is behind there. i had him get out. well he wasn't the only one. 6 kids came out from behind the bush and they were scurred. they were all shaking and apologizing and stuttering. ah man it was hillarious. and these kids got some big 8alls for doing it in the bright daylight.

Ok.........now whats the steps into stopping this. i mean.........i didn't go out there and start yellling or anything. i think i was a little too soft on them tho :oops: . i just said told them not to do it anymore and that was it. :oops:

i dunno.........i don't think the cops would do anything about it. the thing is, these kids do it always at the wrong time. they have also done it late at night waking up my family. i just don't know what to do about this problem.

i mean.......i'm not sweatin this, its just that its bothering, ya know :weirdo:

how can i solve this problem?

TIA :wink:

·
Reverend Arthur Dimmwit
3,988 Posts
Your best solution is to ignore them. It's only fun for them to watch you get mad. They wouldn't do it to an empty house (they would break in and steal your PS2 :mad: ). If you stop answering the door, they'll stop knocking. If the kids are not malicious and are just looking to have a laugh, they will most likely look for another target. This may not be a solution if you get a lot of legitimate front-door traffic, but it's the best one I have.

If the little bastards are malicious and really have it in for you, good luck. The law is on their side and you will get in trouble before they do, if you do anything. Then I would reccomend fencing, "No Trespassing" signs, and big, nasty dogs.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
careful about kids like that, especially if your car is parked outside. My neighbour had a similar incident and he had a nice big dent and a gash on his car the morning he woke up. It must have been the tires from the kids bike that had it.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Take a thumbtack and paint it the same color as your doorbell...tape it onto your doorbell..

Or...disconnect that doorbell and wire in a another one in a less discreet location and only tell those who need to know about it.

Or setup a video camera on to the front door...

Or find out where these kids live and take a an old tree branch and scratch it on there bedroom windows at night.... :shock: mommmmeeee!!!! :nervous:

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
What area in Va Bch are you in? I'll help you gaurd against the kids...and we can have a few :beer:

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
the fu%#ers over here chose to do it at 2 in the morning before I had to take sat I and then when I had to take the satIIs (like three years ago). Get them back: find out where they live, then go doorbell dixie (that's what its called up north, down here its "doorbell ditch") their asses! Go get 'em Rico! Or you could rewire the switch so it electrocutes them. I chased these bastards down with my Dodge ram and a baseball bat, no more problems now... 8)

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
Loooong ago, we had similar prank, then one day the door bell button "accidently" fell off leaving the copper spring exposed ... there was a ding dong followed by a loud "OUCH" !!! :shock:

The door bell cover was later "found" and re-installed :wink: . Needless to say, that prank stopped after that incident. :lol:

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Walk out in your shorts, no shirt, holding a shotgun. "If I see one of you little bastards, I'll blow your dang head off "

They probably won't mess with your door anymore....

:wink:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Rub dog shit on your doorbell

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Next time come to the door with a baseball bat.. just make sure it's the kids and not a neighbor.

·
Lisa Simpson
15,044 Posts
When we lived in Philly, we had the same problem. I eventually started leaving the main door open so I could see the street. After a while, they got tired of hitting all the doors on the street and started throwing rocks at the windows. They broke one of mine, so we had one of those commercial boardup companies come out and board it up.

Since our area was undergoing a big revival, the neighbors started complaining vigorously. So we explained that some kids threw a rock at our window and we were going to leave it boarded up for as long as we pleased and frankly didn't give a shit about property values, seeing as how our neighbors didn't give much of a shit either for letting their kids throw rocks.

Word got around the hood pretty quickly and pretty soon we had people apologizing to us for stuff we didn't even know about. I think we left the plywood up there for about 3 months. Never had another problem after that. :)

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
In Philly my neighbor three doors down had a couple of troublemaking kids. I saw one of them shooting out the windows of their neighbors minivan with a pellet gun. They all denied it and the father got mad at me for approaching him about it. So a few weeks later I notice that the building across the street (rec center) had bright orange spray paint all over it preatedly saying Josh Sucks Cok (that's me! A reall Cok sucker!). I started to get a little paranoid about the Passat so I decided to have a little conversation with them. I was drinking when I heard them in the street so I went outside and had a little sitdown with the three of them (two neighbos and a friend). I basically said "Look I was a kid once. I used to get bored and do stupid things but guys do me a favor and do it for your parents and yourselves. if you are going to be troublemakers don't do it where you live. My dad used to tell me 'Don't shit where you eat' and I suggest you follow his advice. It then got friendly and they were nice to me. I then said I saw you guys burn down the barn behind the rec center (I didn't see it but it did burn down), they said 'You saw that? we were sure no one saw us'.. my response was.. NO I DIDN'T SEE YOU! I just SAID I did and you admitted to it. I then told them if there was ever any damage to the Passat I would kick their asses then call the cops for the arson they admitted to on tape (I held out my PDA, thanks JWIL, and pretended it was a tape recorder). They bought it hook line and sinker and vowed to keep a vigilant eye on my car and report any vandalism. I think they thought I was a little crazy... join the club. never had another problem with them and niether did any of my neighbors. I actually never saw them again at all. I think they took to vandalising the friends neighborhood instead...

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
When I was a freshman & sophomore in HS, some kids decided I was the kid to pick on. So they egged my folks house EVERY Saturday night for several months and had actually broken several windows. We knew who it was but couldn't PROOVE it. So after a while my dad got p1ssed. He waited in the bushes with a baseball bat. When the kids pulled into the driveay and threw the first egg, he popped out and proceeded to bash in EVERY peice of glass on the car and dented EVERY body panel. The car was a less than 1 year old Acura Integra 3-door hatch, nicely modified with a really hot stereo. My guess is that the damage was over $10,000. He then told the kids that he suggested they go tell their folks what happened and dared them to call the cops on him. He was careful to never touch them or threaten them in any way, he just destroyed their car. We never heard anything about it and the eggings stopped. :evil:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
We did that all the time when I was a kid. ring and run...

Honestly, if it happened to me, I'd think it was amusing. I mean really...who's it hurting?
I'd take the opportunity to scare the shit outta the kids who did it. Like have my son close the door to his room and start yelling "let me out... I'm sorry, I'll never do it again. Please don't burn me with hot coat hangers again.. I'm sorrrrryyy... "
Hear that kids...that's the last kid that rang my doorbell and ran.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
25 Participants
Flippped
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing