Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what audi or vw wheels will fit on a 2002 passat. 1.8t
I have a jetta as well and tried to put my long Beach wheels on the passat and guess what? It wouldn't bolt up lug pattern was the same and the lug holes were close but no cigar. I'd like some bigger wheels without having to get adapters any ideas. I need lug pattern. As well as hub bore size needed pics would be helpful if anyone knows any 17 inch wheels that would fit . Thanks

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,287 Posts
anything with 5x112 and 57.1mm hub will bolt up. Your long beach wheels will not work. The mkIV had a 5x100 bolt pattern. Just about any A6, A4, Phaeton, A8 wheel will fit as long as they are 57.1mm. always double check before buying though.

·
Moderate Moderator
16,464 Posts
Also pay attention to the type of lug bolt a rim takes. The factory VW/Audi rims use a ball seat lug bolt. Many after market rims use a cone seat lug bolt. Many after market rims will have a large enough center bore that it will fit many different cars. What you do is get the correct size centering rings to fill the gap between the hub and the over-sized bore and keep everything exactly lined up and hub-centric.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply I really want a 17 inch wheel I love oe audi wheels I sure wish the long Beach wheels fit. But I considered changing the whole spindle just to be able to use them but I guess I'm gonna look for some audi wheels. Thanks for the info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts