Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1581 - 1600 of 1636 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,581
You're the man

Dean you will be the man for a month. Well Congratulations, glad after all that you finally have it 16 or 32? now you'll have to wait and see if an unlock comes out for it.

Well today I was about to get my testpipe off and my Hiflow cat on but I got there late :( now I gotta wait till next week.

·
murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat
11,170 Posts
Thanks a lot Ricky :salute:, very excited and thrilled to get it!!! :barmy:

I got a 16GB, the 32 was a bit more :)dollarsign::dollarsign::dollarsign::dollarsign:) but I was really getting close to the max of my budget with the 16 already :)dollarsign::dollarsign::dollarsign:), the 32 would have went way over my budget. :( I'm just going to have to be careful not to put too many things on it. :whistle:

Yeah I know I'm going to have to wait a while till there is a JB/UL but I barely used the phone part of the phone on my 3G and 3G before, so it's no biggie for me. I'll just have to carry around my RAZR with the iPhone 4 everywhere I go until I can unlock it.

I had to order an at&t micro sim off e-bay in order to activate the phone. :)dollarsign::dollarsign:) I managed to order it tonight. :)

·
11,170 Posts
I saw that too, can't wait.

I recieved my micro sim adapter in the mail today. So I just cut down my FIDO sim to micro sim size. I did a great job cutting it and it fits in the adapter very well. I installed the cut sim into the adapter right after cutting the sim down and installed it into RAZR and it still works great! It connects to the network just like it did before! So I'm one step closer now!

·
11,170 Posts
Ricky, I got the phone last wednesday, it's super awesome!

I went in this morning to change my rear brake pads as I couldn't press in the caliper last time I tried to do them myself. My mechanic said your used pads were way too rusted and bad and made me buy a new set of pads. I also put on new rotors as mine were worn down a lot.

So I didn't use your pads, so do you want them back or should I try to sell them off or toss them out?

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,586
Hey Dean glad to hear you got the phone :D I don't need the pads so if you can sell them do it if not just toss them.

Well I need two new tires for the front there is almost no thread left and when it's wet the car gets squirly. So going in this Saturday to get two new ones put on to the tune of $500 LOL man go big or go home is a b!+<#

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,587
OK so I been lagging a bit this year, mostly because I'm broke planning for this wedding. However I have re-concentrated my energy so next year I am poised to destroy my list of mods :thumbup: although I'm still deciding whether I want to get an A4 or stick with my baby :confused:

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,588
I'm in getting two new tires at Megawheelz. So I notice that Vagkraft is on Aug 22nd :cry: I wont even be in the country, I get back from vacation to Portugal on the Monday. I can't freakin beleive this well you guys better take alot of shots for me. I'm taking some flyers cause I've seen a few modified passats near my work. I got some shots of the rims because I'm definately getting a new set next year.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,589
So I'm running without front wheel spacers, how does anyone run without a little poke? I looked at my car and I was like damn I need those spacers back on the car. Ughhh it looks so ugly without them.

·
11,170 Posts
Damn, that sucks that you need new tires. :( MegaWheelz is a great place, the owner seems like he cares about his customers and stuff. :thumbup:

Wow, can't believe your gonna miss out on VagKraft this year. At least you made it out last year. :thumbup:

Yeah, I think Aug. is a bad month to have this show, it should have been the first week of June instead. I know a lot of people who always go away on vaca. in Aug. :banghead:

I plan on attending the show again as a show car. I'm slowly starting to work on the car again now that I already got my iPhone and stuff. :wrench:

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,591
Yeah I couldn't beleive when I found out I was going to miss it. I'll be there next year anyway because I haven't been able to do much to the car this year. We still haven't even had a damn GTG? So how is the phone do U have it unlocked yet? I'm waiting for the Apple site to update for pre-orders cause I'm getting the unlocked version. I want it before I leave though so I'm still waiting.

·
11,170 Posts
Yeah, still, too bad man. :(

My car needs a ton of work still and then it will only be alright, not great. :(

I just heard that you won't get the 4.0 FW till the fall time, that's crazy!

It was announced that we will get the phone on the 30th, look on bell.ca, they already posted it. Rogers was lying to us all along saying that we'll know when the new phone will come out well in advance. Well it comes out in a week and a couple days and they still haven't told us $#!% !!!

I don't think there going to have pre-orders. Because they would have opened the Internet lines by now if they were. So it looks like your gonna have to line up the day before it comes out to get one.

This is why I preferred getting one from the US, pre-order and no waiting around in line ups, somebody did it for me.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,593
Yeah Steve announced we would be getting it July 30th at his press conference last friday plus all iPhone 4s will come with a free Apple bumper now. There will be fully hardware unlocked version from Apple which I think will offer pre-orders because if there is no pre-orders it will be CRAZY at the Apple stores. The carriers will probably have the upgrades offered and some units for walkin customers. I'll be watching this week for info it's so soon they have to give info soon.

·
11,170 Posts

Ricky I just went to Canadian Tire and found my cars exact paint code in a spray can for only $13! :O That's really cheap compared to the $30 I was paying at PaintCircut! :banghead: :crazy:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
hey man, saw the spoiler. I am not a big fan of them on the passats but its sleek enough.

as for paint, ya, crappy tire is good for that. ... only i if i could paint my whole votex kit with it?

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,596
crap Dean well get it there from now on.

You guys I have a brand new sealed 16GB unlocked iPhone 4. So if you know anyone looking let them know they can email me at [email protected] now that the stock is all gone there wont be anymore for another month. I've seen them online for 1300 and more I'm asking 1100. I'm leaving for Portugal tomorrow though and wont be back until Aug 23rd and might sell it there. I've already got offers from people in New Zealand for 1500 + shipping but don't want to ship it.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,600
It all depends what you like I've spent 1K on tires, 2K on rims, 1K + on my K04, 1K+ on my coilovers. I'm sure if you guys had it you wouldn't hesitate to buy those things. There are tons of people who drive their stock rusty cars that would shake their heads at us because we paid that much for rims. It's all in context :D I'm just screwed because I have 2 expensive loves lol. Anyway I know I haven't been around forever, I just returned from vacation this week so I'll be getting back into the swing of things.

1581 - 1600 of 1636 Posts