Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is a 2003 W8 6-speed Variant, Indigo Blue w/Black leather.

Here are the mods I've done and what I'd like to do:

Current:
Euro split mirrors
Euro headlight switch
Debadged front & rear
Touareg cigarette lighter
European Airbag (w/color emblem)
Euro taillights
NB sunglass holder
New W8 engine at 5k (not my fault)
ITG air filter
H&R springs
Factory jack pads
MkV rear wiper
New tint (got a ticket)
Chrome armrest cover
Warning triangle & first aid kit (are those mods?)
Audi A8L wheels
Enfig S2000 antenna
Painted lowers
Skoda Superb door pins

Planned:
TT/Phaeton pedals
A6 strut bar
A4/A6 center headrest
Votex body kit
Euro bumper inserts
'04 Blinker mirrors
Splash guards
Mattig grill and hatch blend
Wett or GIAC chip
RS6 Exhaust
RS6 Brakes

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, it seems that Indigo Blue is the correct color. Are there any others around that I could compare it to? I asked Madigan to go take some pics (thanks!), but that won't be until Sunday...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Uh-oh, you found me out. I have to start using more than one login... ;)

Am I in trouble?

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
trouble? no way. :D Just one moderator saying hi to another moderator :wink: Maybe I'll meet you in person at the various VW outings like Eurosport dyno days and whatnot.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
hahah that's my car! gezuvor, that is indigo blue, it's one of those colors that looks a lil different at different angles. It's a dark blue with a LIL purplish tint.. it's a cool color.....i like it a lot :thumbup:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everybody for the kind words. I'll be around much more now as I decide the mod path for this thing. Should be fun!!

Schmove,

I was the Eurosport dyno day on Sunday, driving my "work" transporter. Were you there?

Seattle,

I was just in your 'hood this week. Almost bought the W8 Tip Avant at Carter. Saw the ad for this as I was walking out to get it! Phew, glad I did! Thanks for the Indigo pics, they are perfect. I didn't know what it really looked like, so this helps a lot. Great color! :)

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Man, you came all the way up here for a :b5: ? I'm impressed :bow:
Carter VW huh? That's where I go for all my warranty work.. I work about 5 minutes down the road at an aluminum boat construction company. Hope that W8 works out to be as sweet a car as she looks. Congrats! :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
gezuvor,

yes i was at the dyno day. i brought my Imola Yellow GTI instead. oh so you're the one with the cool transporter! I remember it getting on the dyno at the dyno day previous to this past weekends! I'll make sure to say hi to you next time. :thumbup:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay, I remember you. Nice ride!

See you in the W8 next time...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just got some additional pics! Thanks to Joe at http://AtLastImports.com. The car is scheduled to ship on Friday and arrive in Carson, CA on the 29th. Not sure I can wait that long, so I might fly up one day this weekend and get it...

This first one is sitting next to the V10 Touareg... drool...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry, been a bit busy.

MustMoto, after driving all night to get home I was asleep by the time you guys were meeting. I'll catch the next one!

SeattleReign, no long trips for a while. I went back to Vegas the next weekend, so I'm laying low a while!!

Bump for some little mods...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts