Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
827 Posts
LOL!!!! I am sorry to say but i must say what that guy did to the H2 is actual sort of right.. Hummer built the H2 mainly around road driving.. Yeah it can go off road, but unlike the H1 which had one goal, go off road.. The H2 is nothing more then a oversized SUV.. I would save the money and get an H1 or pocked some of it and get an Touraeg which is great on and off road..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
Zuhaib said:
LOL!!!! I am sorry to say but i must say what that guy did to the H2 is actual sort of right.. Hummer built the H2 mainly around road driving.. Yeah it can go off road, but unlike the H1 which had one goal, go off road.. The H2 is nothing more then a oversized SUV.. I would save the money and get an H1 or pocked some of it and get an Touraeg which is great on and off road..
Actually the H2 is quite capable off-road, maybe not so much as a Toureag or a Jeep...The H2 has 40.4 degrees of approach angle, 41.8 degrees of departure angle, minimum ground clearance of 10.5 inches. Numbers like that are very rare for fullsize SUVs, and only a few SUVs are equal or better, the rear differential also has an electronic locker. It also comes with 35" tires, I dont know how that compares with the Toureag exactly, but that pretty much shows up the majority of mass production SUVs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,992 Posts
Um... this is a whole GM mounting point thing right? That can't be an actual H2 under all that. Can it? It's not just like a pick up with the H2's body parts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,407 Posts
Mr.PassatMan said:
Actually the H2 is quite capable off-road, maybe not so much as a Toureag or a Jeep...The H2 has 40.4 degrees of approach angle, 41.8 degrees of departure angle, minimum ground clearance of 10.5 inches. Numbers like that are very rare for fullsize SUVs, and only a few SUVs are equal or better, the rear differential also has an electronic locker. It also comes with 35" tires, I dont know how that compares with the Toureag exactly, but that pretty much shows up the majority of mass production SUVs.
I would agree the H2 is quite capable, much more so then people give it credit for. Its largest problem is its size, (where a jeep would excel), I would even be intrested to see how it would do against a Toureag. The Toureag may have locking diff's, but larger tires and better aproach and departure angels can make a big difference, depending on the terrain

-Nick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Why even do that? :crazy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Stay German and get a UniMog _and_ a Toureag! Used mogs are $5-$25k on ebay with the nicer ones being around $12k.

Unimog Specs at http://www.unimog.net/articles/trent/:

Code:
Axle ground clearance         19 inches
Differential clearance        15.75 inches
Fording depth                 31.5 inches 
Approach angle                45 degrees
Departure angle               45 degrees
Max ascent                    70 percent
Max descent                   100 percent 
Sidehill angle                42 degrees 
Max speed                     60 MPH.
Engine output                 90 HP at 4850 RPM
Torque                        111 ft./lbs at 2800 RPM
Average fuel consumption      10 - 14 mpg
It also has ported axles which I gather is the wet-dream for the off-road crowd.

http://www.unimogmagazine.com/journey/98rmm03.html has some nice pictures of the 'mogs. I particularly like the shot showing three 4x4s: Subaru, 3/4 ton Chevy Suburban, and Unimog 404.

:bow:


And that's the 404! The also make a larger 406 and 416. You don't see many of these outside Starbucks. :D

-m
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,720 Posts
The Blue Blur said:
Um... this is a whole GM mounting point thing right? That can't be an actual H2 under all that. Can it? It's not just like a pick up with the H2's body parts?
A H2 is a GM pickup with (different) body parts :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,741 Posts
Macabre said:
Zuhaib said:
I would save the money and get an H1.
Save the money and get an H1?! I guess you haven't gone shopping for H1s lately! FYI the cheapest H1 is $105,000.
Not to mention that it performs like an absolute dog. 0-60 mph in 17.8 seconds. Yeah, you read that correctly. Curb weight is at a featherlight 7000 lbs. The 42 gallon tank gives you a 546 mile range on one tank of diesel...an nice 13 mpg city/17 mpg highway. Can you say, impractical? :shock:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top