Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have lurked for years and finally joined the Passat ranks! I picked up a 2004 GLS Silverstone 4-motion sedan with dark leatherette, 5spd, ESP & Cold weather.

I love it! :D

Once I can save some money, mods will begin:
new wheels, suspension, chip....

Thanks for listening,
Ric.

·
Registered
503 Posts
From one Rockvillager to another, welcome to the Club! I drive around town in a 2002 GLS 1.8T MT Silverstone Gray wagon. It's identifiable by the 35% tint, 15" steelies w/ OEM wheel covers, and silver and black shorty antenna.

My wife just got a minivan, so the Passat is now mine. I plan to install Eibach Pro-System or Neuspeed Sport suspension, and 17" Flik TDR-S wheels in the coming months.

Maybe I'll see you around.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
P_SChang1
I plan on the tint as well. Let me know if you go with the eibach system, I love to check it out in person. I am shopping for wheels, too...I might wait until after the winter.
See ya on the road,
Ric.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I just got a set of 16" Audi A6 5-spoke alloys. I'm waiting for the VW centercaps from Autobarn. I would have liked the 17" Fliks, but the price on the Audi wheels was too good to pass up.

As for tint, I used Winner's Tint on both the Passat and the new minivan. http://www.winnerswindowtint.com I give them 9 out of 10 and would recommend them to anyone. Why not 10 out of 10? Two small reasons: (1) there was one scratch in the tint on the Passat and (2) when dropping off the minivan, we found their key box was unlocked, so we had to come back the next day to drop off the key after they opened. Nothing serious.

Patrick.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Patrick,
Guess what I picked up last night...A6 5 spoke wheels! I bet I got a better price than you, I got them for FREE :D Guy was moving and needed to dump them asap! They have snows on them right now so I will mount them on in about month or sooner if it snows. Thanks on the tip for winners, but I have used them in the past on 2 other vehicles. I agree on their quality and I will have them do my passat soon :thumbup:

Let see some pics when you mount the wheels. How much were the centercaps?
Ric.

·
Registered
503 Posts
RicRod said:
Guess what I picked up last night...A6 5 spoke wheels! I bet I got a better price than you, I got them for FREE
Damn! Lucky dog. How'd you even find out about them?

RicRod said:
How much were the centercaps?
I got a set of 5 for just under $50 shipped from Richie at Autobarn. The thing that I might still need are the little lug bolt covers, but first I want to see how it looks without them. I think it would be a pain to have to remove and replace those all the time.

I'll shoot you a pic when they're on. I've waxed the wheels, so they're ready to go!

Patrick.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Patrick
I was over at audiworld.com and someone posted the wheels for free :eek: I emailed and said he was leaving town, guy who was supposed to get them never showed so they had to go asap. I was at his house after work. :D They have snow tires just used one season and look new mounted. I want to see how they look on the car and decide if they will be my year round wheel or shop for summer tires.

Do you know if we need any of the hub rings? Did you get these from the guy in Rockville selling 5? I saw those too and was tempted but I couldn't decide. I'm glad a fellow B5er got the deal :thumbup:

Ric.

·
Registered
503 Posts
RicRod said:
Do you know if we need any of the hub rings?
I was told by someone (either a ClubB5er or VWVortexer) who has these wheels on his Passat that they are hubcentric, so rings are not necessary.

RicRod said:
Did you get these from the guy in Rockville selling 5?
I responded to a posting for 5 wheels & tires in the VWVortex classifieds. I would guess he posted them on AudiWorld too, but I didn't look there. Yes, the seller is in Rockville.

Unforutunately, I haven't put them on yet because I ordered the wrong size center caps! Idiot. Hopefully, I'll figure out the right ones tomorrow.

In any case, kudos to you for getting them free!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Man! I sure wish my 4-mo was a 5-speed! We got the GLS package w/ all the options on the 2000 model. Back then the Tip was the only option for the 4-mo. Of course it's not my daily and it is a wagon, so I guess I don't mind too much. I'd love to see a pic displaying the "new" wheels on your ride!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lotar_6 said:
Man! I sure wish my 4-mo was a 5-speed! We got the GLS package w/ all the options on the 2000 model. Back then the Tip was the only option for the 4-mo. Of course it's not my daily and it is a wagon, so I guess I don't mind too much. I'd love to see a pic displaying the "new" wheels on your ride!
Lotar 6,
How is the Ithaca winter treating you? I spent a couple of cold and gray winters up there going to school. Do you work for either university?

Here is a pic of my new audi 17s. Will be dropped like a hot potato come spring.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Guys,

I live in DC and have the only '02 Colorado Red Variant GLS that I've seen in the Metro Area. I'm interested in the window tinting that you mentioned and will check out winners--did you go with tint on all windows or just back seat? Never have done that before but think that it is the way to go, esp. with summer approaching.

Also, have you found a good Passat mechanic in the area or do you go to the dealer?

Jibba

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
whats up man, glad you made it out to the gtg wednesday. we are definately going to have to do something about that suspension this spring. once you decide what you want, im sure there are enough wrench turners in the area to help you get them on your car :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
RicRod said:
Lotar 6,
How is the Ithaca winter treating you? I spent a couple of cold and gray winters up there going to school. Do you work for either university?
Nah... but I'm here b/c my wife does! She got a nice tenure track at IC. I work in finance for a non-profit in the area. Weather is ok this winter. Just recently it's been suck'n. Can't wait for warmth to crank my rado down, too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.