Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bowdown: hey all my b5 tiptronics peaple i just got back from GROSSMAN TUNING, i got the revo teckniks flash upgrade(in wich revo did not even have a file made yet for our car) any how i am the very first one to have it and i highly recomend it, myb boost is now 16+psi and is fast as hell and that is only stage 1, check out the website www.revotechnik.com/

i also am about to hookup my apexi tt today. wwwwwuuuuuhooooo!!!!!!!!!:Yikes: :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2001 vw passat 1.8t with tiptronics and ecu ending with BQ, and if the ecu does get destroyed revo will get sued! but i am confedent that they know what they are doing.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
2001 vw passat 1.8t with tiptronics and ecu ending with BQ, and if the ecu does get destroyed revo will get sued! but i am confedent that they know what they are doing.

haha, confident? based on what... did you do your research on them on here, vortex, and fortitude???

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
I've never heard of that happening. What kind of car/engine/etc.? What do you mean by eats your ecu?
Ask kraut-sled. Or quailallstar. Or RottyB5A2 (well, his friend with the GTI). Or Tfek70 (he ran both GIAC and REVO ...guess which was preferred). And rdy357.

Rogerius and NU Passat are two of the only people I found with good things to say about REVO.

(Anyone ever hear what became of the lawsuit between APR and REVO? APR alleged that REVO stole a lot of software from them and that's how they got such a quick start.)

BTW, this has zero to do with the Dyno Forum. Unless you're posting numbers.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I was told by the Revo tuner in my area that they won't flash a Passat 1.8T because the software they have for it isn't stable.

With that being said, I can see why you are so confident with Revo.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
chill man

:cool: well grossman wouldn't f*ck me over, and to creat a stable program they have to download whats in the ecu first, and i just checked out that old revo post and that was months ago and about posting no# i was going to ask next as to where is the cosest dyno to ky.:crazy: :poke:

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Check back after the REVO program eats your ECU and you stall all over the place.
saaay whaa? i got a flash and now im getting 16.4mpg? but also run 19" wheels and got a oil leak and need a tune up? but still 16.4mpg? Anyone know if this might be because of the revo free trial? Also got CAI and DV? Anyone got as low of a gas mileage as me?

and can you clarrify eat your ecu? Any evidence?

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
I get about 23 on my GIAC program with a sheot lod of stereo in the trunk. I usually drive hard too. 16MPG is WAY too low unless you drive under constant boost.

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
So many pros and cons about Revo. I have been trying to get Revo to do a chip for my car for the past 2 years and nothing yet. I guess you can be glad about being the first one!.

As far as Revo, i heard a lot of good thru the people that i know, with MKIV and V GTI, 1.8T Jetta and GLI etc... . I never heard of an ECU getting messed up by the Revo software, and i know quit a few thru the shop that my friend owns.

For the GIAC/Revo deal, as far as i know, the two that started Revo use to work for GIAC so there is a lot of gossip of what happened etc. Personaly, i don't care. On the downside, i gave up on Revo, they don't really give a s*#t about the :b5: guys anyways, they said they don't see a market for it :rolleye:. I am doing a big turbo upgrade in the next few month and my software will not be Revo ;).

PS: This should not be in the dyno forum, that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I am doing a big turbo upgrade in the next few month and my software will not be Revo ;)
what turbo? i plan on doing gt2871R. Does GIAC Have the software? I was debating whether to choose over GIAC or APR or REVO. I know Revo and APR have supporting programs for the gt28 series turbos

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I get around 25mpg with my GIAC chip and 17" wheels... now with the 15" wheels back on in the winter im up to 27mpg city and 31 highway

1 - 20 of 24 Posts