Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes but the vaccum will still pull up the piston in the dv, I have also heard about this. I think "i'm not sure" that if you revers the bov it would handle more boost.

·
Registered
829 Posts
VW has the diverter valve pointed to expell excess air back toward the turbo only to lessen the noise from the DV itself. It can be positioned either way, it doesn't matter as there are no HP gains or losses from doing this. I had called Forge and asked the same question which is where I received the information. I decided to reverse mine based on this information and it was a lot louder sounding closer to a BOV than anything.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Is the sound from the B.O.V. louder when the engine is colder?

If I was to start my car from cold and start driving, I hear a subtle whistle from around 3K to the next shift point...however not during the complete acceleration duration of each gear. Once the car warms up (or gets a few miles down the road), the noise goes away.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
You're not going to get any sound out of reversing it. I have the Forge 007 reversed on my B5, no sound at all. Only way you'll get a sound is if you get an open element intake.

On my GTI, reversing the Forge 007 gave the car a chirping sound as opposed to the usual "pshhhhhhhhht"...that is of course in conjunction with an AEM Intake.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have an HKS SMF and the sound is quite nice from my Bailey.

·
Registered
829 Posts
schmove said:
You're not going to get any sound out of reversing it. I have the Forge 007 reversed on my B5, no sound at all. Only way you'll get a sound is if you get an open element intake.
Good point on the open element intake. I reversed mine and have a very noticable difference most likely from have the short intake tube from the PES kit. Any which way, Forge did speak with VW in regards to the orientation of the DV and that was VWs explaination.

·
Registered
829 Posts
schmove said:
On my GTI, reversing the Forge 007 gave the car a chirping sound as opposed to the usual "pshhhhhhhhht"...that is of course in conjunction with an AEM Intake.

My friends tell me my car sounds like a turkey is in it "gobble gobble gobble" since I have the diaghram type DV from Forge. I should change back to the piston style to get the turkey out. :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts