Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a bit confused.

Can anyone confirm whether the tilting of the passenger side mirror in reverse gear ONLY applied to memory power seat. Both of my front seats are power but without memory. I have tried both left/right mirror adjust settings, but none tilted the mirror. Both mirrors are electric of course.

By the way , my ride is a 03 V64MO Variant.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I believe the tilting side mirror is a function of the mirror adjustment switch. I think you need to place it in the 3 o'clock position.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I believe the mirror tilting functions are only installed on the 'memory' equipped cars.

You can set the mirror positions as well as the drivers seat and store in memory for each driver. The tilting function can also have a memory position stored according to driver preferences...

To operate the tilting function when reversing, the mirror control switch should be placed in the 'L' (for right hand drive cars) or I assume 'R' (for left hand drive cars) position.

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
Folks, is it a GLX?
V6 4Mo leads me to believe that it is but there's no telling for sure.

3 o'clock position causes the mirrors to fold inwards.
7 o'clock position causes the right mirror to tilt downwards in 'R'.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
S_Klass said:
Folks, is it a GLX?
V6 4Mo leads me to believe that it is but there's no telling for sure.

3 o'clock position causes the mirrors to fold inwards.
7 o'clock position causes the right mirror to tilt downwards in 'R'.
We dont have that naming convention here. What is typical for GLX ? They call them here "Highline" version

It has atleast
- V6
- 4 Motion
- Bi-Xenon with spray cleaner
- Leather seats
- Power but not memory front seats
- Power and foldable mirrors
- Power Moonroof
- 4 Power windows
- 17" Phoenix alloy
- Tiptronics
- Climatronic
- Rain sensor
- Gamma hifi

Do all these features make it a GLX ?!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
i think it is only the memory cars too because you have to set the tilt in reverse then save it into memory, otherwise it just stays in that position cause it thinks u want it there. Its kinda annoying unless you program it, then it is awesome

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Folks
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing