Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I originally joined ClubB5 in 1998, which morphed into PassatWorld a few years later. I rejoined today because the system didn't like my original username/password. In those early years I found a wealth of information provided by some of the folks on the forum at that time. People like Kenny Payne, Boris, AtomicAlex, SpecDave, HermanH, and many others all provided great information about the Passat 1.8T, maintenance, mods, etc.

I may be selling or trading my Passat in the coming year as I head towards retirement, and have a couple little things I'll need to repair on it first. The Cruise Control hasn't worked for a few years now. Will be seeking advise here later.

My car: 1999 Passat GLS 1.8T sedan, 5spd, silver with black leather/cold pkg. Bought it new from Scott VW in East Providence, RI, December 1998. It is in Excellent condition with only 70,000 original miles, always garaged, no dings no rust. I just had the timing belt, tensioner, drive belts, water pump and thermostat replaced a few weeks ago. I can't help but notice how much better the car runs now, that 20 year old timing belt must have stretched a bit or the tensioner was weak.

Mods I've made, mostly during the first few years:

-APR Stage 1 chipped ECU (Originally had a Wettereraur 1 Bar but it died after a few years)
-16" Audi 7 spoke wheels with VW center caps. (Originally sold as the "Swing" wheel through VW dealers)
-Volkswagen's 1BE suspension replaced the stock 1 BA when the car was 1 year old. (Originally tried Eibach lowering springs but did not like the ride)
-UUC Short Shifter
-UUC Titanium Shift Knob
-Sunglasses Holders to replace overhead Grab Handles
-K&N Air and K&N Large Oil Filters
-Mintex Brake Pads
-1.8T Trunk Badge
-VW CD changer added in trunk.

Anyway, I look forward to catching up on what's new in the world of B5s and finding the information I need.

Regards,

Steve D
Columbia, IL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.