Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm sick and tired of my wipers. Not the blades in particular (well I hate the blades I currently have, but have yet to find a nice one), but the bridge. It sucks, it's uneven, it binds on the blade allowing uneven whiping, it's noisy... in general, it sucks.

So, I think i'd like to convert to the Aeor blades. After seeing the nice how-to on replacing just the blades on these, they seem like a nice solution to my major annoyance... the noise (rattling of the bridge mechanism).

So first off, I'd like to know the following:

-What do you need to 'update an 01 B5 to the new whipers?
-Those of you that have them (B5 and B5.5 alike) what do you like and dislike about them, aka how do they work?
-Related to the first question... whwat are the part #'s of what I need., and do they make one for the hatch (wagon)... that one's the worst of all :cry:
-Oh

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
The hatch blade on my 2003 is not an aeroblade. It's the regular metal bridge design. I replaced my original with a new one from the dealer and found it to be substantially quieter and provides a better cleaning on each sweep.

On the front, you'll need to change the entire arm, from the pivot point at the cowling onward to the blade itself. Dunno what else you need - ETKA is at home.

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, wasn't sure if I needed the arm or not.

So from what I see in the ETKA 6 (I have the Euro version, so I'll need some confirmation here) there are two listed for LHD cars.

The following are P/N's for the aero and arm as one... but there are two #'s listed for each:
3B7 955 409 (Drivers) or 3B1 955 409 B (Drivers)
3B7 955 410 (Passenger) or 3B1 955 410 B (Passenger)

Which ones do I need?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I changed them last week and rear 2 weeks ago. Front ones are direct swap... like rear. Only diff for rear is that your wiper will rest on right part of window (opposit from OE B5) all fits perfect.You must buy motor for rear. I like them, beter look and think beter performance (2-3 whp, at least ) 8)
FRONT
3B1 955 409 C left arm
3B1 955 410 C right arm
1J1 955 425 A wiper left
3B1 955 426 wiper right

REAR
6Q6 955 425 A wiper
6Q6 955 435 A hat
6Q6 955 707 A arm
1J6 955 711 F motor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Nenad
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing