Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody recommend a good restaurant in Northern NJ or NYC.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been to the highlawn pavillion, keep the suggestions coming

·
Registered
828 Posts
Artie Bucco runs a nice place, Vesuvio, over by West Caldwell in North Jersey.

Just mind your manors.

:lol:

·
Registered
372 Posts
b5sport - It all depends on how much are you looking to spend. In NYC, for large $, for French head to Montrachet, or Smith & Wollensky for beef, good wine and cigars. For a decent inexpensive meal during the week, you should check out Maggie's Place, an Irish bar on 47th.

Mike

·
Registered
828 Posts
4meezy said:
your jokeing about vesuvio's right?
its not real, is it?
http://sopranosonlocation.4t.com/sopranos_6.html

The place used for external shots for Vesuvio's is a Spanish restarant in Elizabeth, N.J. I wouldn't take it as a recomendation.

Off-off topic: March 7th, 2004 - The Boys Are Back in Town

·
Registered
791 Posts
Whenever I'm in northern NJ and want italian I try to go for Romano's Macaroni Grill... Decent italian food for a chain...

However... the Four Season's is a damned good restaurant in NYC

·
Registered
52 Posts
Andrew said:
I've always wanted to go here, http://www.frogandpeach.com/. I've heard great things about this place.

I don't know if this is too far away for you though.
place is good, they have excellent wine selection. downtown new brunswick, go to harvest moon for beer afterwards.

my step mom used to own a spanish place in highland park right on route 27 called "La Fonda". her ex hubby still owns it. place rocks, good fish all year long

jayme

·
Registered
19 Posts
Italian restaurant

Osteria Laguna in NYC on 42nd St. between 2nd and 3rd ave.
Excellent food, good service, beautiful interior and plenty of room.
I ate there about 10 times with gf, friends, coworkers and everyone liked it. Prices are moderate for NY - $40 or so per meal...as long as you don't don't drink like a fish. Excellent choice for 1st date. Save room for dessert.

Mignon on Park ave in Rutherford. Really good filet mignon, mashed potatoes. Chicken is not bad but it's steak place.

Eros Cafe is half a block from Mignon. Decent desserts and really good chai. Tons of people smoking, esp college crowd.

After Athens is a Greek restaurant and is located under Eros Cafe. If you like Greek food, give this one a try.

Indian restaurant (forgot its name...royal India?) behind Starbucks on Valley Rd. in Montclair. Good food and you can ask them to make it less spicy if you want.

Sukeroku on the corner of route23 and Main St. in Little Falls. I eat a lot of sushi and this place has the best. They also have chicken and soups if your date doesn't eat raw fish :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
13 Participants
nxs212
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing