Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. I'm a laid back guy and there's 2 things you don't do... Mess with my $$$ and mess with my food. On Saturday night a group of friends all decide to go out to dinner after the Wizards Game. One of the members in our group thought it would be funny to put a cigarette in my food while I went to the men's room to wash my hands before eating. Needless to say, my food arrived and the pranksters struck. The 2 jokers couldn't hold it back and started laughing at the table trying to get everyone to enjoy the funny.

I just sat there and smiled and asked the waitress for a 2nd order. I didn't sweat it, I just paid for two steaks and left a nice tip. When the group got outside, the whole vibe changed. I walked over to one of the individuals responsible for the joke and smacked the living $h_ out of him, grabbed him by the throat and threw him to the ground. His friends ran over and I punched the other person responsible for my dinner prank in the jaw. My friends ended up grabbing me, and tried to calm me down. It was a bad scene; women yelling, etc.etc.. When everyone was calmed down, my frat brother ended up giving me $75.00 to cover the cost of my tab. I gave it back to him, and told him to just hook me up the next time.

The two pranksters attempted to aplogize through our mutual friends but I was still heated. I just gave them each a smirk and walked away. I normally don't lose my cool like that, but I think I would have killed this kid if I were less than a foot from him. My friends said I was wrong for throwing one of them to the ground. Did I overreact, and should I apologize?

Thanks..

Swami

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
don't apologize.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
My impulsive side says, "Will, you did the right thing. Beat some sense into these fools."

My rational side says, "Will, you did the right thing. Beat some sense into these fools."

wait....I did think you overreacted a bit, I don't think it was worth losing your cool over. I don't think there's a need to apologize though. They should be apologizing AND paying for both your steaks. One day you're going to blow an artery. A steak ain't worth that.

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
Yes, you overreacted. You were way wrong. I can't believe you did that. You are a pure savage. Food over friendship. :(

Also, I would have not waited so long. That plate would have been installed in his head within 10 seconds of them laughing. :D

I understand. They crossed the line. Your reaction may be wrong, but everyone has a button. He nailed yours. I have never smacked a friend only headbutted them and yelled at them. Now, all my friends fear me. Sometimes you need to show the scarier side of yourself. :mad:

An apology might be needed to fix this issue followed by a discussion on don't F#@# with me you dumb [email protected]#$er!

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Were these your friends....or people you were with?

I think you overreacted.....I see you dish out over here....it goes both ways. If you give...you gotta be able to take;)

Or did you just want to beat the shit out of someone? :sad: :) :lol: :crazy: :nervous: :suspicio: :evil: :shock: :D :weirdo:

Can we see the video of that BTW? :lol:

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Banned
3,172 Posts
I don't think you overreacted. People have to know their limits, damn. You don't do that to friends. And if you do, YOU pay for their second plate immediately. What they did is just totally disrepectful in my opinion. :thumbdow:

Way to stand up for yourself! :thumbup: :bow: Now that you "got them back", and they know it was wrong, maybe eventually you guys can hang out again.

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
I don't think an apology is in order. Keeping your compsure inside the restaurant and then showing you can open up a can of whoop-ass should pretty much teach them a good lesson on not to f*ck with you in any way, shape or form.

Julain: I don't think he overreacted; he was calm inside the diner so it was more, "calculated". :) He was civil enough to take it outside and not upset the other patrons.

Now had it been me, I've been known to overreact and not give a rat's ass as to who's looking on...

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
The Swami said:
Did I overreact, and should I apologize?
Oof, tough call, Will. In all honesty, from reading what you wrote above, it didn't sound like you gave them much of a chance to even offer to pay for the second steak. If you had first gone up and asked, "Okay, who's gonna cover the cost of my second steak?" and they refused, then I could see you putting the smackdown on them. And don't forget...you were in a public place, if anyone had called the cops, you would've been spending a night in the slammer -- justified or not.

I'd say don't apologize, but I wouldn't be hanging out with them anymore, either.

Andy

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
i dont blame you at all. no apology needed. 1. no one should ever mess with someone else's food. 2. they should have paid for your meal and bought you a new steak + a drink or two to make up for it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I won't comment as to the overreaction, I'll just say, incorrect action.

Problem? you let it steam. You should have handled it the moment you returned. If it bothered you that much (which it obviously did) you should have confronted them the second you knew about it. I'd have told them "ha ha, funny. You'll be happy to pay for the food I'll eat tonight" and proceeded to order dessert to top it off. I'd bet most/all others at your table would have backed you had you handled it in that manner, where as I'm sure those who thought THEIR actions were wrong, would NOT back you following the actions you chose.

I'm all for smackin people when circumstances warrent it. (ie, someone keys my car and I catch them, steals something and I catch them, grabs my wifes ass... etc) Point being, If I can be charged for assault (which yes, technically you could) I want the ability to counter charge/sue. Just the left brained logical thinker in me...

I'd offer an apology....... if they were to respond with a crisp C note and we could all be on the up and up after that....

RR

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
OCTICK said:
Yes, you overreacted. You were way wrong. I can't believe you did that. You are a pure savage. Food over friendship. :(

Also, I would have not waited so long. That plate would have been installed in his head within 10 seconds of them laughing. :D

I understand. They crossed the line. Your reaction may be wrong, but everyone has a button. He nailed yours. I have never smacked a friend only headbutted them and yelled at them. Now, all my friends fear me. Sometimes you need to show the scarier side of yourself. :mad:

An apology might be needed to fix this issue followed by a discussion on don't F#@# with me you dumb [email protected]#$er!
Aaron, you crack me up!!!

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
If it were me, I wouldn't want to hang around this bunch of losers in the first place any more. How immature and stupid is this? How rude and obnoxious is this to the rest of the people in the restaurant too? Did this dumbass ever intend to pay for your ruined meal? I joke around and have a pretty good sense of humor and I was in college and did stupid things too but man this is really rude. If I were a patron at that restaurant I would be pissed that a bunch of people that know better are acting like 3rd graders.

You have people there that work their asses off all week and want to sit down and enjoy a nice evening out and what happens? A bunch of dorks have to make asses of themselves and be insufferable morons. Putting a cigarette out in your dinner is being an intolerable jerk - there's no two ways about it. I think I would have taken that guys' meal if it were me. I would not apologize (that dumbass owes you an apology) and I wouldn't hang out with these guys - I don't find that funny at all.

I agree with Rian though, if I face going to jail for assault, I want it to be over something worth fighting over not a steak dinner. Again though, I go back to my main point, I would not want to be associated with a bunch of losers like this in the first place.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
how old are those guys (and yourself)?

if you guys are 20ish, that all makes sense. you'll get better soon..

if you guys are closer to 30, well, I'd start worrying about where I am in life and who I am hanging out with..

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
NEVER, EVER mess with a man's steak dinner. :beer:
Sounds like those douchebags were not direct friends...sounds like mutual friends will make sure you don't cross paths again.

...THEY needed to apologize or even offer to pay for the dinner before things got out of hand.

/karl

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Hmmmm....

I think it was complely disrespectful what they did to your food. And I think you handled yourself well in the restaurant. I'd definitely consider that in league with spitting in someone's face. Let me ask all of you people who think he over-reacted: What would you do if someone thought it would be a funny joke to spit in your face? WOuld I kill the guy? Of coarse not. But I'd definitely punch the motherfucker.
And for that I'd say you definitely were justified. You handled yourself like a man. You shouldn't have to apologize.

Now... is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!? ;)

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
yeah you over reacted.. just a SUPER HUGE TITANIC SIZED bit.

That said, they're lame. Messing with someone's food ain't cool, and they shoulda paid for your 1st and 2nd meal.

However going postal kill a man over a steak? That steak better have been laced with gold so you shat gold nuggets the next day. A mutual apology is in order, they need to apologize to your face and you need to apologize for going ape isht over what amounts to a piece of meat.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Postman said:
It's NEVER wrong to beat someone! Nice job!
and remember that famous quote to live by:

its not enough that I win. you must also lose.

HA HA!

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
L-W

Do you have a collection of Simpsons pics waiting to be posted?!?! That's the second or third time.....

NELSON RULES!

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
1 - 20 of 88 Posts
About this Discussion
87 Replies
42 Participants
Mr.PassatMan
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing