Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From November thru February 2004 i have left topics on my passat glx 2003 30V car having acceleration hesitations at low speeds. 11200miles on the engine and no mods done to the passat. These hesitations were hit and miss that caused the check engine light to flash on then off.

the hesitations occured when i was driving at around 50mph then having to slow down to 15 20 mph than re accelerating.

the spudders or hesitations occured mostly in this situation

The two times i sent it into the dealer in November and December the dealer could not repeat the problem. The dealer did have the misfire codes registered though...

Today i send the car into the dealer the third time and had the service techs ride the car for a long distance trial. they came back and put the car on the lift did a code check and registered several misfires and misfires often at 6500rpm.

[Conclusion - Service techs say the Ignition Wires 3rd and 4th going bad or are failing. All of them will be replaced and retested.

All in All just cause u have the V6 30Valve engine dont think that your car cant have ignition coil like problems just cause there are no physical ignition coils. the V6 Ignition Wires can fail and cause similiar problems as the Ignition coils on the 1.8t's and W8's...

i hope my info can help anyone else with the V6 30Valve engines and having hesitation problems...

Thanks Again
Ganx14
Feb 2003 Passat Glx V6 30valve Silver.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I bought 1 year ago Neuspeed 8mm virgin silicon wires and no problemwhatsoever. They works from +25 c to -25 c. VEEEEERY EXPENSIVE but... 8)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lets hope tommorrow when i get the car back it will ride normal again. hehe so far my bert smith dealer has been real good at taking care of my passat. one yr old feb 18th 04.

crossing fingers :weirdo:

if anyone else can share their experience with the v6 30valve engine and their problems it would be kewl...

Ganx14
2003 glx v6 30v tip
silver

:bow:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok here is my experience picking up the car today.

A. the car no longer hesitates. runs like new after they replaced ignition wire #2

B. i come home to open my hood to check my fluids and i noticed the left side black plastic cover very loose. i take it off to make sure the clips are ok and to my surprise i see TWO #3 Ignition wires installed.

Now correct me if i am wrong. thats screwed up if the dealer put a #3 cable were the #2 ignition cable is supposed to be installed.

I brought the car back in the evening and ripped the service department off.

They assured me tommorrow then will correct my legitimate complaint.

How can somone screw up something so simple. these cables are even numbered clearly so u cant make a mistake.

Well anyway thats my experience of the day.

Ganx14
2003 glx 2.8 v6 30valve
silver
:mad:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Only diff in cables is their lenght otherwise you can have 6cables #6 of same lenght(if they are longest) and drive.Point is to correctly insert them from both sides, i.e. not to insert to plug #5 and other side on distributor side to #2 cylinder ignition position, or any other than #5.

glad that now you can enjoy your car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Nenad
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing