Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am going to be changing the timing belt, idlers, etc. on my 01 1.8 AWM this weekend along with oil pan drop (to check for sludge, prev. owners were bad) and coolant flush... would there be any need for pics/writeups on anything that has to do with that stuff?

·
Registered
26,602 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
I plan on doing a write up for the Audi A4 auto dim rearview mirror with compass install in the B5.5 passat. I have three request for this write up/ DIY, would anyone else like to see this with detailed instructions and pics?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Guys, if you'd like to include them, I've done some DIY write ups for AudiForums over the years that I'd be happy to provide for inclusion on this site as well. If you want to look over one, here's one for replacing the steering rack and pinion. The information should correlate to the Passat as its a platform twin to the A4. This particular DIY was on an AHA 30v dbc car.

DIY - power steering rack replacement - AudiForums.com

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would like to see pics of a Kombi-valve replacement and SAIP replacement both for V6. I have done my starter and all front control arms but didn't take pics the whole time. Have yet to write it up but I took the starter out the wheel well which is not how they tell you to do it.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts