Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
4x O2 sensors on V6, to include compatible Denso, no-name, universal sensors.

I assume this is no big deal (and will find out soon enough), but I note an awful lot of "O2 sensor removal tools" for sale...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Washington DC
'04 GTI 1.8t

Generator Problems....... « » 2:23 PM 9-1-2009

Good Afternoon
My girlfriend has a 2004 Passat wagon with a (3.0) 2.8L V6 engine. I am trying to locate a DIY or other link to remove the generator. From my preliminary tests it does not seem to be charging. It also seems to have some rubber like strands appearing from the casing.

I have checked the search feature without result, any help or advice will appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Tony

·
Registered
176 Posts
Tony, too bad you didnt catch me earlier. i had my entire engine apart to the water cooler. It would have only taken a few min to check on the Alternator. Good luck findong the thread! Check audi forums also, they have the same 30v v6.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I just added a few writeups

* V6 pvc system replacement-ashman78
* V6 Coolant Temperature Sensor replacement writeup -crash893
* V6 Sparkplug change-crash893
* V6 Air Filter Replacement-Crash893
* V6 Replace Motor Mounts-wootar
* V6 PCV Valve Replacement-codyo12
* V6 Replace Pre-CAT Oxygen Sensor Bank 2 Drivers Side-FrankGant
* V6 Automatic Transmission Filter & Fluid Change-Schnake
* V6 Cam Chain Tensioner Gaskets-Passat2.8
* V6 Fuel Pump Removal-Replacement-bdjones72
* V6 Serpentine Belt and Tensioner Replacement-2.8lB5

·
Registered
2,719 Posts

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Excellent--I've been looking through the site lately. I've got a lot of repairs planned for the coming months, so I'll try to document it and maybe add some extra pics or experiences to existing writeups. Great site :thumbup:

My agenda (most are already covered, but I hope to add anything I learn along the way):
1. VCG and CCT gaskets
2. Plugs
3. New cat, possibly DIY
4. O2 sensors--all four of them

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #71

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
About to do my (manual) transmission mounts, do we need this writeup or is there one already somewhere for the v6?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Can anyone find any writeups that need to be moved over I would like to get as many moved over before the new owners do anything to the forum

61 - 80 of 98 Posts